Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Wanted - Collegiate Welding Education Program Director
- - By TimGary (****) Date 12-17-2013 12:34
I'm involved in helping our local TN State run Community College set up a combination Welding Education / ATF / Business Consultation program.
We're looking for an expierienced CWI to run the show.
Competitive pay and TN State government benefits included.
Location is Greeneville, TN, right up against the Smoky Mountains, which is a great place to live.
See the link below for info, and feel free to message me with questions.

https://jobs.tbr.edu/postings/4673

Tim Gary
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 01-02-2014 12:47
Great opportunity.
Anyone interested?

Tim
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-03-2014 11:46
If I was in good health I would apply, but unfortunately it's not in the cards for me due to my illnesses Tim. It does read like an excellent opportunity for someone who desires more responsibility than what the average welding instructor has, and they would be involved in making the more important decisions towards improving what looks like an already established welding program unless it's totally brand new which makes it even better IMHO and it's in Tennessee which is one beautiful state I might add... I'm sure someone will come along soon enough with the appropriate qualifications and experience Tim... 

This is when it gets very frustrating when one battles illnesses, and realizes the missed opportunities like this one that come along.. Very frustrating indeed! And yet acceptance does follow in a relatively short amount of time afterwards these days so I can take solace in that it does...
Best of luck to you and the program Tim, and Happy New Year to both you and your family as well.:lol::grin::smile:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 01-03-2014 13:06
Thanks for the comment Henry. We'd be very lucky to find someone like you.
This program is designed up front to be more of a service provider to businesses, rather than a typical collegiate weld training program.
The premise is to offer to businesses the full gambit of on site assessment, consultation and development of a structured training/certification program meant to meet specific needs of their existing employees, as well as training of new employees.
There are a lot of current federal and state programs available to help businesses defray the costs of such services, which helps out.
Additionally, this program will be an AWS Accredited Testing Facility, so that it will provide services to individuals and contractors as well.
And, there will be a certain amount of typical collegiate student training as well, but leaning more toward enhancing and supporting other local programs without true AWS certification abilities.
As such, this facility is meant to be able to generate enough cash flow to be profitable, and if so, has built in retainers to share the profits with the people who make it happen.
We've already received state funding to purchase the equipment and a building donated by the local business development commission, to get it started debt free.
Now we just need the right person to manage it.
I'm involved, on a consultant basis, to help out and write the QA manuals for accreditation purposes, but will not run the program as I've made a commitment to my current employer that I will keep.
If you know anyone looking for a great opportunity, please pass this info along.

Henry, I hope that you have a very good 2014, full of good days and bucket list events!
Stay strong my friend.

Tim Gary
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-03-2014 13:07
Looking at it today. Got a great job here but really want to teach.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-03-2014 13:53
Looks like the post has expired.
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 01-03-2014 14:38
Hi Gerald,

Yeah, it looks like they took it down on 12/14 for some reason, but I know it's not been filled and they're still looking.
I've encouraged advertising in the AWS Journal and website.
I'm attaching a copy of the posting that I was asked to review.
It's changed a little since then, but the guts are the same.
I was hoping you might be interested.

Tim
Attachment: DirectorofWelding.doc - Job Posting (39k)
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 01-19-2014 13:41
They are re-opening the job posting.
Hope you're still interested.

Tim
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-20-2014 16:56
Thanks. I am
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Wanted - Collegiate Welding Education Program Director