Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Searching a partner to launch a new welding product
- - By enlited Date 01-01-2014 12:46
Hi all,

My name is Marijn and I'm from The Netherlands in Europe.
I've loved welding since it was taught me by my father-in-law some years ago.
Building software by day, in the weekends I'm often welding cars and other projects.

Last year I was welding the bottom of a car, being very careful in the process; the thin sheet metal needed direct cooling or it could torch something inside, even when stripping the seats and carpet out. I was struggling to keep my welds cooled. I didn't want to water quench the welds and thus I was using compressed air as an alternative. The downside of that is that you have to switch from one tool to the other the whole time, which takes time.

I did some research and saw cold-arc welding techniques, but those are kind of expensive when your a "hobby" welder.
So, I went and designed a product that works as a smart air quencher; It cools your welds after you've been welding.

I've build and tested the prototype and it works, but now I am trying to find someone who would like to help me refine the idea and push this idea to market.
Someone with experience in the welding world, open for new ideas and skills to sell stuff.

Who would like to help me? Or knows somebody in their network who could be of help? And what do you guys think of the idea?

Marijn
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-05-2014 03:59
803056   is always looking for new tech and has lots of money to invest!!!!!

Go get em AL!!!
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-05-2014 10:26
Pictures are worth thousands of words but more information as well as details are required to even spark any sort of interest otherwise I'm not in the mood to put on my neck high waders this time around and I suspect that other folks in here will use the same caution.
Parent - By marketresearch Date 01-20-2014 23:03
Marijn , I have contacts with companies that manufacturer and distribute welding machines and accessories if you are still interested, contact me
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Searching a partner to launch a new welding product