Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Free Access to Codes and Specifications
- - By SCOTTN (***) Date 01-09-2014 20:29
If anyone is interested, I recently stumbled on this website:

Law Resource.org, at this link:

https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr/

After accessing this web page, on the left side you’ll see Parent Directories 001 / through 006 /  On the right side you’ll see a description of the all the codes for these six Parent Directories.  When you find the code that you want to reference, just click the Parent Directory number on the left and you’ll access a page that has all the codes for that particular Parent Directory.  Then click any Parent Directory on that page to access the documents.

Before you get too excited, most, if not all of these references are outdated, but there's still a wealth of knowledge that can be accessed for free.  For instance, when you click 003 / you can access ASTM and AWS, among others.  003 / includes the 2000 edition of D1.1

I just thought it would be a good thing to share.
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 01-11-2014 16:16
Thanks, pretty cool.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 01-12-2014 14:01
I like it too! Even if outdated, it still gives large-picture direction, since very often, only details have changed. Nice find, and thanks for posting!
- - By Dualie (***) Date 01-13-2014 04:51
I'm surprised no one is yelling this is stealing.     But i find it hard to justify buying $1000 worth of ASME books just answer one simple question.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-13-2014 05:27
I believe no one is objecting because it's posted in what is considered a public organization and allows access to it's content based on certain permissions from the publishers of the codes/standards, reference material listed...

Now, that's a lot different than what I once posted in here because the source was a private one instead which probably didn't have the necessary permissions to give public access to the reference material  online or otherwise... That site is still available but, the AWS would prefer that I don't post it in here so I will not... I could go there and still use the reference material listed that previously posted here but, I don't bother these days as I have other priorities that take much more of my time and interest. :lol::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 01-13-2014 12:58
Anyone watched the video or read any of the rest of the site?
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 01-13-2014 13:25
I have been waiting to see how this one would pan out and if anyone ended up with virus issues.  I am not that savvy with a lot of these things so wait on you experts to see if all is well.

Thanks Henry and 46.00 for doing so.  Henry, I appreciate your brief explanation of the differences.

Does it appear safe and worth checking out?

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By SCOTTN (***) Date 01-13-2014 14:05
I accessed it several times and I also ran Spybot and Malwarebytes before I referenced it in a post, and I haven't had any issues.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-14-2014 03:48 Edited 01-14-2014 03:59
That site is a Quasi-government law library reference web site (It would really like to become one!) Brent so you don't have to worry about any viruses lurking around.:eek::twisted::grin::smile::lol::wink::cool:

Btw, I did the same as I do with any new site and it was as clean as freshly made quad core CPU still in a clean room!:roll::eek::wink::lol::lol::lol::cool: It went through my guantlet and I'm talking about multiple virus, malware, spy ware, rootkits and all of those newer DOS viruses as well and anything else that can do harm...:eek::twisted::lol::cool:
I got them all covered friends!:lol::wink::cool:

Excellent link Scott! Thanks for posting it.

Which specific video are referring to Glynn? Are you referring to this link?

https://law.resource.org/index.law.gov.html

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 01-14-2014 09:08
Yep and it's so true!

Have you read this yet?

https://public.resource.org/ntis.gov/
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 01-14-2014 14:46
Thanks again Henry, and 46.00.  I knew if you guys had checked it out it would be clear.  Soon as I get a chance I will see if there is anything there for me to add to my library.

Have a Great day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Free Access to Codes and Specifications