Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / RT Film Interpretation Study - Need Help
- - By north_fl_cwi (*) Date 01-12-2014 12:36
When I took my AWS CRI class, the instructor told us about a stud that was performed where 100 Level 3's were given X(don't remember exact number) of films of welds to evaluate/interpret.  Out of the 100 only "X" percentage agreed on the interpretation.  Then all 100 were given specific instructions and more training of what too look for and how to interpret it and the percentage that agreed on the interpretation when up by a good amount.

Ok, here is my problem.  I can not find (through google) any information or an article citing this study.  I want to say the instructor said the study was published in either the AWS or ASNT magazines but still no seach has found anything.

Have any of you guys seen or heard of this being done, and know where I can find a copy in print???
THanks!!
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 01-12-2014 14:15
I know that EPRI (Electric Power Research Institute) has performed such studies. You may wish to contact them.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / RT Film Interpretation Study - Need Help