Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 200D Problems
- - By Dark_Angel (*) Date 01-30-2014 04:14
Hello friends, well straight to the point, I am having problems with my 200D. Told when I was running beads on the line things were going well moving right along and all of a sudden it wouldn't strike and arc, to I took the cap off and checked the excited brushes, cleaned everything and turned my grinder on and one of the brushes was throwing out a spark about 1/2" long. That seem to be strange to me but I tried to weld anyways and it welded HOT! to the point I had to make sure I wasn't in 4th gear (I am running in 3rd for this small pipe). So I fell back and then I took the doors off and the cover off to clean the armature and was caught a little off guard. Instead of it being black and soot looking it was silver, almost like a chrome look. Well I got everything put back together and jumped back in front and tried to run beads and it was still running very hot running. I am completely stumped by this. The brushed looked to be seated correctly, not worn done a lot, so yeah... anybody ever experience anything like this or have any help. It would be greatly appreciated!
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 01-30-2014 06:06
You need to get a armature cleaning stone to clean armature up and put new brushes in.  Don't want arcing like you described and the heat crystalizes brushes and can burn up or short out the armature windings.  A silver bluish or black color on armature is caused by heat or shorts in armature.   Can dribble water over new brushes with it running to seat them.  Run till it dries and blow water off.  Then weld with it hard to get brushes seated more.  Check OVCs 98 max for Pipeliner 200D and plug voltage 115 to 120V max at 1600 rpm.

Manual for 200D with Kubota

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/servicenavigator-public/lincoln3/im844.pdf

For other manuals enter your code number.

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/support/Pages/operator-manuals.aspx
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 01-31-2014 01:56
I read somewhere on this forum about this and i think it was Kaye Sellon who commented on something like this for someone else so you may want to do a search. I kinda think it as in the sa 200 forum.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 200D Problems