Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Best pipe jacks
- - By atc250r (**) Date 01-31-2014 20:33
Looking to buy about 6 new pipe jacks, or "pipe stands".  Anyone got input on what they think are the nicest ones out there?  I'm leaning towards the ones made by Javelin right now...
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 02-01-2014 01:47
Sumner folding jacks...From RAM Welding supply.....
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 02-01-2014 06:20
Sumners are about the best bang for the buck.
Do not get folding jacks for shop only.
If for field work or dual purpose, Shop and Field, then  definitely get the folders.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 02-02-2014 00:24
Use folding jacks in field because you can lay them flat and stackem', takes up less space on truck...... Have a ton of Sumner nonfolding in the shop, use for feeding pipe into my notcher & bender....Use to hold structural steel level , propping up bodies and of course pipe work.... Indispensable  IMHO......
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-04-2014 03:13
I like the B&B fold ups I got...they are well made and I got em for little less then $60 each at my LWS.  I like them better then sumners personally.  I have been told Blackjack are really good but never owned any myself.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-08-2014 11:41
I second the Sumners. I have a brand that is orange in color, can't remember, seems like they are Rigid for some reason. Anyhow, they suck. Each time you go to raise them you literally have to hit the washer with a hammer(or hammer like tool) to slide the head up.

I have abuse my Sumner jacks, used them for all manner of things and even used them as a truck jack as they were a perfect fit under the truck at the frame. At the LWS I paid around $70-75 each for them years ago.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Best pipe jacks