Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anyone want to catch a beer near Three Rivers Texas
- - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 02-06-2014 03:47
An Engineering firm called me down here for three weeks to sort out a rats nest.  Figured with all the work going on down here that  some body on the forum might be close enough to grab a beer with while I am on this fun vacation.

When the engineering firm told me they reserved me a spot in a "Man Camp" I thought to my self well that's no good.  Since I have never been in a "man camp" my first thought was some form of a Nazi/Folsom Prison in tents and soap on a rope.

Well if all man camps are like this one the Holiday Inn would be out of business.  The room although a modified form of a trailer house is just as nice as a nice hotel. My room is the size of a small studio with a 42" plasma with Direct TV.   All the  private aminanties excluding a stove.  But who needs a stove when they cook you a custom awesome breakfast and then pack you a lunch for work and tonite I had a two pound ribeye with all the fixings and they clean your room and do your laundry and press it for free. 

Maybe you guys don't see what the big deal is but I am used to having to pay for all that stuff. If I was still a young bachelor in my younger years I would so live here forever. :grin:

Well like I said maybe I can catch up with one of my fellow members here in the next couple of weeks.
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-06-2014 04:39
DID ya test the waters with my "lobster tail and steak followed by full breakfast midnight snack request"  LOL   It sure sounds like an alright accommodation to me compared to certain recent ones and most in general. Jeez by time ya pay laundry by the LB or worse do the evening at the laundrymat, roach coach hotel, eating at the local choke and puke, plus fuel and what little time ya got driving to it all.  Ya I would be happy with it.   Well heck I will drink way more then one with ya anytime buddy ya know that....right now it is closer for me to have one at ur house then there (400miles).  If I get a test down in Port Lavaca or you know where I will stop by on the way and see ya, I know what a let down, me again compared to someone new and interesting.  :lol:LOL
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 02-12-2014 07:12
I'm 45 minutes north of there in Jourdanton. Can't drink a beer n drive back from there but would meet up with ya for a glass of tea on my end and a B'S session
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 02-12-2014 13:29
Sounds like a good excuse for a Sunday drive.  What's this weekend looking like?  I'm always up for a good story and some sweet tea.
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 02-19-2014 05:55
Worked all weekend and got family plans this weekend. Maybe 1 afternoon during the week?
Parent - - By 2006strat (***) Date 02-20-2014 04:26
HD I am working down here in Asherton, lil south of Carizo, I am staying in Cotulla right off 35.  I will be working on my bed a lil bit if they let us off sat-sun. Give me a shout I still owe 12 pack.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-20-2014 04:29
AH hell Strat find me a test.....ol Stan just packed up and went home today.  Heck with your 12 pack, I will keep you fixed up in a bar for a night just find me a test eh?
Parent - By 2006strat (***) Date 02-21-2014 08:09
I got another buddy down here now that's with a mom pop company making good money I think it's just a 12" bell hole.  I talked to him today he said he will let me know tomorrow in the am.  Another guy got run off about 3 weeks ago and he called me tonight wanted me to go with him here in catulla, he is also gonna call me I  the am I will keep you posted.
Parent - - By hillbilly delux (***) Date 02-20-2014 14:39
Hey Strat.

I left out of there yesterday but it sounds like I might be heading back there soon.  If or when I do I come down I'll help you weld out your bed.  Your already into me for a twelve I guess you better make it a 24pk this time.:lol:
Parent - By 2006strat (***) Date 02-21-2014 08:14
I will have it in the paint shop by sat getting sides painted and top bed lined like I should have done the first time.  Give me a ring when you get back, I will prob be here for the rest of the year(my new home for now).  Long as them numbers don't change.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Anyone want to catch a beer near Three Rivers Texas