Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / P.C.
- - By ctate (*) Date 03-06-2003 16:47
Could someone tell me what the initials P.C. stand for. It is a license or certification for something. As in John Doe, P.E., P.C.
Parent - - By bmaas1 (***) Date 04-15-2003 16:09
Possibly Professional Consultant.

Just a thought.

Brian Maas
Parent - By tab_1999 (**) Date 01-03-2005 21:34
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS ONE!
MOST PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS ARE PROFESSIONAL / PRIVATE OR PUBLIC CONSULTANTS
Parent - By brande (***) Date 10-08-2003 05:01
Should stand for "professional corporation"

Good Luck

brande
Parent - - By vb (*) Date 11-02-2003 15:59
Considering you have Power Engineer initials, and state its a certificate - I would assume it stands for Production Certificate. There are a few different streams of production certificate courses specializing towards the field of work.

There are other field related acronyms PC stands for such as:
Project Coordinator
Process Controller

Good luck!
Parent - - By - Date 11-02-2003 16:32
in criminal defense and that lawyers bullcrap it's professional consultant!...professional corporation?...hah

just my $0.01
Parent - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 11-03-2003 03:15
I believe I have heard the usage "professional corporation". It had to do with limiting the liability exposure of people like engineers doctors and such who previously had been personally liable for their work. Personal liability meant that the winner of a suit against you could seize all (that's all as in they could auction off your socks) of your property.
Bill
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-03-2003 21:07
Hey Oxyfuelwelder!
You might want to temper your remarks a bit!!!
You were at first expressing your opinion as to what you think P.C. stands for but, when you start offering such a negative tone in your opinion regarding other participants views, you then promote ill will and quite frankly, this will not be tolerated much longer by not only myself but also from other participants in this forum!!!
Remember, in this place we're all in here to learn from each other!!! Not to belittle or insult or disrespect one another so, understand that it is a priviledge and not a right of yours to participate here in this forum!!!
This is not a threat from me to you!!! This is a reminder that you need to respect other peoples opinions and views or else enough people will complain and as a result, your priviledges here will be suspended or revoked if you continue with your lack of respect towards others in this forum!!!

SSBN727 Run Silent... Run Deep!!!
Parent - By WBI (*) Date 11-05-2003 16:45
P.C. Could also mean Penal Code
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-03-2003 21:33
Practicing Engineer, Practicing Consultant?
John Wright
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 11-03-2003 21:47
Well shucks, PE stands for "Professional Engineer" and each state has a test one must pass to get the PE after his/hers name. I would guess the PC could mean "Private Consultant" but when ones states they are Professional Engineer Its kinda like "Have gun will travel". and all that other titles are redundant.

Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-03-2003 21:50
I reckon you're right. I agree on the PE, now that I stop and think about it. All those PE seals do say Professional Engineer. :)
John Wright
Parent - By WBI (*) Date 11-05-2003 16:49
Actually that PC is pretty vague any way you slice it. What sort of certificate? Where was the PC located? It could be the initials of an individual. Was it on a business card? I can mke those for any thing you want on my computer. Special Inspectors out here have P.C. certificates for Pre-stressed Concrete. It would help to know the context of the PC
Parent - By dee (***) Date 01-26-2004 23:59
I got it.... Proprietary Code!
d
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / P.C.