Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / SkillsUSA Technical knowledge test
- - By jpill (**) Date 02-25-2014 14:33
Have any instructors had any luck tracking down just a study guide for the "Workforce Ready" SkillsUSA technical knowledge test for welding? I have been on the Skills website, the CareerSafe website and the Skills Texas site. All refer me to the Careersafe site and it wants me to buy test seats for students that will be taking the test in my welding program. I'm just looking for a study guide to prep 2nd and 3rd place district winners who qualified to take the technical test at State competitions. If anyone has a link or a practice study guide they could share I am all ears, so far I haven't had a bit of luck finding one.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-25-2014 16:30
Never liked the idea of Skills selling study materials so refused to buy.

I just built study packs filled with quizes on each of the SENSE key indicators.

Most of the textbooks now have Examview test generators.... You can print out bunches of questions from those as well.

We participated in local, state and national level Skills competitions and did pretty well without buying extras.

The student feedback was always that the technical questions were not really that challenging... It was the "History of Skills" and what do the symbols on the Skills banner mean? and stuff like that, that really threw them for a loop.

If you are short on test questions for study... PM me with an email address and I will dig through the vault.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / SkillsUSA Technical knowledge test