Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Food for thought
- - By rcwelding (***) Date 03-08-2014 03:09
Sorry Ross this isn't a welding topic but its a good story.

An old man was sitting inside a coffee shop.   A young man walks in and says excuse me sir. Sorry to bother you but have you lived here long?  The old man slowly looks up and says, yes son I have lived here my whole life.  The young man say oh you are just the man I need to talk to.

The young man says sir I have just moved my family here and I was curious. What are the people like here?  The old man says well son if you don't mind me asking what was the city like that you just left.  The young man says, oh it was a great place..!!! I hated to leave there. I had great friends there and the people were so helpful and just generally great people.

The old man says well son you are in luck.. That sounds just like this place. You will love it here. The people are great..!!!

The young man shakes the old mans hand and thanks him for his time then sits down a couple tables away.

As fate would have it another young man comes in a few minutes later and asks the old man the same question.

The first young man hearing the new comers question smiles knowing what the old man would say.

The old man asked the new comer the same question as he did the first young man but this time the new comer starts talking about how rotten his previous location was and how horrible the people were.

The old man gets a sad look on his face and tells the new comer.  I'm so sorry son but that sounds just like this place.  The people will back stab you and they are just a grouchy bunch of people.  The new comer cusses under his breath than thanks the old man for the information and walks out.

The first young man walks up to the old man in complete shock and says excuse me sir but I couldn't help but overhear what you just told that man that just walked out. Why did you tell me a complete different story.

The old man slowly smiles and says... Son the older you get in life the more you start learning about people.  He says listen close to what I'm about to tell you son. 

In this life you will find whatever you are looking for.  If you are looking for rotten people you will find them.  If you look for great people you will find them.

He says life is what you make of it. It has nothing to do with where you live or whom you are around.  Its all about what you look for son..

I read this story as a kid and I found myself being grouchy and negative today and this story came to mind.  I'm sure I didn't remember every detail correctly but the moral of the story is still the same.

Lets look for the bright side guys.  I know it can be hard to do at times.
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 03-08-2014 03:49
so true
thank you
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 03-08-2014 07:24
Absolutely,
You WILL find that which you draw into your "sphere".
I live where I do strictly for ease of access to the environment (nature).
Parent - By unclematt (***) Date 03-09-2014 06:49
Thanks for posting this. Great story.

Have a good one;
Matt
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Food for thought