Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AWS CWI endorsement exams?
- - By Mwccwi (***) Date 04-16-2014 21:22
In reference to the AWS CWI endorsement exams, can a person take 3 endorsements simultaneously at the same testing site? The traditional CWI exam is 3 two hour sections, fundamentals, Spec. B, and your code and the endorsement exams are basically the code portion of the traditional exam. My question is can a person for example take the D1.1, D1.2, and the D17.1 all during the same 6 hour Saturday testing?
Has any done this? Any feedback would be good.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-16-2014 23:31
Yes.

Al
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 04-17-2014 09:11
Thanks Al,
I was fishing for a bit more, but I sincerely thank you.
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 04-17-2014 23:01
Anybody else? Do you think I'm crazy for considering?
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-18-2014 02:26
Generally, each endorsement examination takes two hours. That being the case, three endorsements in a single day is "doable." Not easy, but "doable" never the less.

Al
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-18-2014 09:33
Well that person should get some sort of award for multi-tasking if you ask me but then again, you didn't so I thought I would mention it
me self.:twisted::roll::smile::grin::lol::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 04-18-2014 09:38
I agree with sounds doable.
Depending on what kind of disposable cash that I can accumulate over the summer, it seems like a no lose for me (except for maybe the cash).
I have been considering taking the D1.1 seminar as this will give me PDH and I hear that the experience is valuable in itself.
The way that I understand the endorsements is that if I take them between the renewal terms and I somehow don’t pass, all that is lost is the expense and if I do pass then a gain the endorsement, Even if I don’t pass and gain the endorsement I still gain the experience of the experience and everybody is still happy (AWS gats my dough I gain enriching experience). My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I think I blow the expendable cash anyway so why not.
Currently I’m in the process of completing my BASc degree with anticipated graduation in August and doing the AWS testing thing will kind of be my reward to self.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-19-2014 16:32
Don't forget to apply those college credits toward your 9-year renewal.

Al
Parent - By Mwccwi (***) Date 04-19-2014 21:18
Thank you Al. and  I wish  you and everyone Happy Easter.
- - By Leonardo Martínez (*) Date 02-27-2019 04:16
Hello to everyone, I'm looking study material for endorsements in AWS webpage, but there is some which have not.

For example D1.1 and API1104 have code clinics both, but if I want study material or code clinics for aerospace codes, or railways, or power piping they haven't.

Please if anyone have a code clinic or bank of questions of ASME B31.1 I will thank you. (if any other above mentioned I'll also be good )

Greetings
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-28-2019 01:51
The nature of the questions are the same regardless of the specific code. If you have a study guide for D1.1 or API 1104, the practice questions give you an idea of the type of questions asked on the examination. The difference will be where the answer is found and the details may be a little different as you move to one code to another.

Since one must already be a CWI to take a code endorsement examination, the chances are you have already "learned" how to navigate a code. You most likely have the study guide from your preparation for the CWI. so, simply answer the practice questions and find the answers in the code of your choice.

If you were in one of my CWI classes you were given "supplementary" questions if you took the D1.1 open book examination. Again, use those questions, but find the answer in your code you plan to use for the endorsement. It isn't perfect, but it is a good start.

Al
- - By Prince Moses Date 08-09-2019 04:34
Hello Everyone,

I'm a CSWIP 3.1 certified welding Inspector. Am i eligible to attend Endorsement exam ?

Is CWB certified welding inspector eligible to attend Endorsement exam ..!?

Please advise
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-09-2019 13:03
Hi Prince

You should contact the AWS Certification department directly for your question.

As I understand there is a current reciprocity agreement between the CWB and the AWS, Meaning you will probably need to submit some forms and pay a fee if you are a CWB Level II or III inspector.

I'm unsure if there is any agreement between the AWS and CSWIP at the moment..  I don't think there is.

Call 1-800-443-9353  Ext 273

The governing document says the followings:

9. Reciprocity
9.1 The Committee periodically approves reciprocity arrangements between the program defined in this specification and
welding inspector certification programs in other countries. The terms and conditions of each reciprocity arrangement
are unique and conditional upon the uniform administration of the reciprocal program. Changes to programs subsequent
to granting reciprocity shall be cause for reevaluation by the Committee of issuance of certifications beyond the date
of change. Contact the AWS Certification Department for a listing of current approved reciprocal agreements and their
respective requirements.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AWS CWI endorsement exams?