Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Krautkramer USM 36
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-09-2014 17:50
Anyone here have one of these machines?
My employer just purchased one with the AWS programming and so far, I really like this machine. The menus are set up a little differently than the USN 58L that I was used to using, but easy to navigate once I figured out the menu structure. I had it set up and ready for weld inspection in just a few minutes. Can't wait to put this machine to use and start getting a return on the investment.
Parent - - By rjtinsp (*) Date 05-12-2014 14:26
The USM36 is a nice instrument. I have a USM25 which is thinner than the 36 and has the same menu structure but doesn't have the colored screen or AWS functions. I have used all of the instruments mentioned and like all of them. The 58L was my favorite for performance, the 25 my favorite for size, and I think the 36 is a good mixture of size and function. You can't beat GE flaw detectors in my opinion they are the best. Happy testing!
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-12-2014 20:03
I agree with you, the Krautkramer/GE machines are workhorses.....I loved the 58L that I had at my previous employer, but I think the 36 is going to be good working from ladders and lifts.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Krautkramer USM 36