Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Any comments from users of a Miller 9400i Hood?
- - By Josephp (**) Date 05-11-2014 00:06
Good, not good or?

Thank You

Joseph
Parent - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 05-13-2014 18:25
Yea I used one at my last job but it had the full breather kit attached to it.  It didnt seem to bad, a bit front heavy.  Ive been using my SPEEDGLAS 9002X for about 7 years, put about 12,000 hours of actual arc time on it, been the most reliable hood to me.  The miller has some cool stuff like a clock and a timer and alarm, and grind mode and all that jazz.  A good helmet but expensive if I remember correctly
Parent - By jarsanb (***) Date 05-13-2014 18:42
I have been using the 9400i Titanium since it came out. We have some 30+ welders that use these daily. If grinding shields are mandatory for all grinding operations, then this is a better alternative to having the welders switch hoods - which rarely happens when no one is watching. Some of the welders complain (go figure) that it is heavier than the hoods they're accustomed to, but if your neck is bigger than my wifes wrist you should be able to handle it. Replacement inner shields are $10 apiece - a little lofty. Auto lens is solid performer with all welding processes. Do not expect the shell to last 20 plus years like a traditional style. Because of the large viewing area for grinding I've retired my Optrel, Huntsman and Flexview.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Any comments from users of a Miller 9400i Hood?