Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / ARCLABS WELDING SCHOOL SOUTH CAROLINA!
- - By ArcLabs Date 06-02-2014 22:17
Arclabs Welding School is located in Piedmont, SC, Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC. AWS APPROVED!

Arclabs is a welding program focused on training, testing, and placement. With training modules designed to fit the individual needs of the student and testing programs tailored to meet the specifications of the employer, Arclabs is the premier school for skilled welders in the Southeast.

Our most popular course offerings are as follows:

400 hour:
As our most popular course, this course is designed for the beginner welder to the welder with some experience. Upon completion of this course the student should be able to start work as an entry level welder in the construction or industrial field.

900 hour:
This extensive training is designed for the beginner welder to the welder with some experience. Upon completion of this course the student should be able to start work as an entry level welder in the construction or industrial field.

CALL NOW!

www.arclabs.com
864-236-9995
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-17-2014 16:28
Too cheap to purchase a real ad?

Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-18-2014 20:11 Edited 06-18-2014 20:31
Let's see...

1.) "400 hours: As our most popular course, this course is designed for the beginner welder to the welder with some experience. Upon completion of this course the student should be able to start work as an entry level welder in the construction or industrial field."

2.) Okay then the next course states:
"900 hour: This extensive training is designed for the beginner welder to the welder with some experience. Upon completion of this course the student should be able to start work as an entry level welder in the construction or industrial field."

Except for the fact that 900 hours is more than twice the amount of time in course duration, why is it that with the 900 hours one ends up being prepared as an entry level welder as is the case with the 400 hour course?:eek::surprised::twisted::confused::grin: In fact, most of the words used in the 2 course descriptions are identical to the other verbatim!

One would think that the graduating student from the 900 hour course would end up @ a higher level of competency/proficiency than that of the graduate of the 400 hour course... To me, that reads as if there's a whole lot of wasted time in the larger course if the graduates are @ the same level of preparedness for an entry level welding position don't you think? Does anyone else notice that also? What does Arc labs have to say about that?:surprised::eek::twisted::grin: I agree with Al...:surprised::roll::confused::grin:

It seems to me that if Arclabs would have spent the money to appropriately advertise their course offerings that the advertiser would've noticed this also and would most likely attempt to get some sort of clarification from their client regarding the glaring differences in course length.:surprised::eek::twisted::grin:

Respectfully (For the most part:lol::twisted::cool:),
Henry
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-18-2014 20:48
Seems slightly hypocritical that not so long ago, I was lambasted for daring to half heartedly criticise a similar advert on here......................
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-18-2014 21:19 Edited 06-18-2014 21:24
It's an observation Glyn... I don't remember you being "lambasted" for that although, for other posts I have seen that...:surprised::smile::grin::lol::yell::lol::yell::lol::yell::cool:
Then again, I don't read all of your posts... I just reply to the ones that are directed towards me.:surprised::eek::grin::lol::twisted:

Respectfully (For the most part.:surprised::roll::lol::wink:),
Henry
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-21-2014 11:36
Henry

I personally dont read your posts either or I would still be reading them! Your likeness to references links is amateur at least! I also detest your use of icons, it is the practice of a twelve year old! However, this is an open forum and I accept your input but I place little importance on it as you just copy and paste stuff, which I can do just as well! Have you any real life experience of welding?
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-21-2014 16:50 Edited 06-22-2014 00:50
Glyn, I have over 40 years experience...

Grow up already okay.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-18-2014 22:53
Glyn,

You have to consider the source and practice selective hearing/seeing procedures.  Turn it off, turn it on, filter, spit out bones, digest meat.  Breathe, relax, breathe deeper, hyperventilate,  OOPPSS too far, start over, now I forgot why I was breathing.  See, it works. 

I've been ignoring these feeling AWS opened up this can of worms and them and the mods don't care anymore once they started taking paying ads.  If they don't want the freebies in here in competition to their paying advertisers then it is their problem. 

For what it is worth at this point, I agree with you and I didn't think it proper either.  Most telling was the attitudes of the responses.  Shows the class of characters.  Not on this site for seven years then comes around to promote a school.  Gotta wonder how much free time that got them.

I probably just joined you in getting flamed.  So what.  I understand answering a direct question with opinions on where one can get education and/or practice but to just start a thread promoting a particular facility is beyond what I have heard as direction for propriety on here previously. 

Hypocrisy runs deep when you start the downward spiral.  Open the floodgates boys and let it rip.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-21-2014 08:16
Brent,

It's been going on in here before you joined the forum... Case in point: Hobart Institute of Welding Technology has been posting in the forum to call attention to their curriculum, and other offerings they have available... This has been going on before I joined so, it's not something new at all...

The problem that we both agree that's annoying are the logo advertisements that they're trying to shove down our throats then again, change is always unsettling when one is used to something that already works just fine... You know, "throw a monkey wrench in it to see if it'll work better because that's what a friend of mine told me." When in reality, the friend was attempting to explain how throwing a monkey wrench into machinery that working just fine is a recipe for disaster...

The sad part about it is that most folks that are unfamiliar with something are always the ones who want to change it because they think they can make it work better... NOT!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-21-2014 16:26
I understand that Henry.  I know also that the biggest issue has been with people placing links into their posts, especially when it was determined they contained viruses and were total trouble makers not legitimate forum members.

And my main point is that it seems appropriate to mention certain opportunities as an answer to an OP's question.  Not as much so to just toot your own horn and drum up business. 

I don't use this forum to constantly try to get welding, or now inspections, business from other forum members.  And neither do the majority of our regulars.  We use it to help one another and newbies with honest needs for help in either knowledge or experience/skills. 

But, all of that does lead to the need to mention schools, by name, and other training opportunities.

I guess what offended me most was the multiple listings and then the way a couple of people attacked Glyn when he raised a concern that he personally had with the posting.  No matter what we think of one another we need to exhibit grace, tolerance, kindness, and other positive character traits and not lash out lambasting people for their concerns.  But, people will take an offense at times when someone else only expressed a concern over propriety. 

Examine myself first.  I have made mistakes.  I have taken up an offense for others, against others.  Part of why I took a sabbatical when this advertising thing got to me.  Decided it was time to get back to some personal roots in my relationship with my God so that I could do better at being the witness I need to be even in this forum.  You can't please everyone all the time, some will take offense when done was prompted.  Misunderstanding will come with fragile communications.  Some will jump in where they were not part of the problem and aren't part of the solution.  Just have to get their licks in when they think someone is down and make sure they kick you good so they can feel self important and better than the one being kicked.  I'm not perfect.  God is still working on me.  But I think I see advancement in a positive direction. 

Trying to keep myself only on topic is not easy.  All of us have opinions that draw us away from one point and send us chasing rabbits.  It's how we approach these off topic verbal debates, concerns, and challenges that define us. 

Yes, I HATE CHANGE.  I admit it.  And, it isn't mine to control, so AWS can do as they please with it.  But I have concerns of motivating factors as many others do that have not been addressed and probably won't be.  They were just swept under the rug trying to appease.  But, this is still a great place for resources that can't be found elsewhere. 

I'd just like to see more of an attempt to keep discussions civil even during passionate disagreement. 

Thanks for the post Henry.  You and I are a case in point too, we have had our times.  Still friends, even when we disagree.  I'd love to meet you some time.  I'd love to meet everyone here.  I always enjoy times with others at FabTech or on job sites.  Disagreements don't have to mean separation. 

Rambling.  Bye.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-21-2014 18:30
Hey... It's in the education section guys 

I noted the sloppy work that Henry noted as well....  Two programs/courses with different costs and the same outcomes....  I thought to myself...   Arc Labs should have hired me a year and a half ago when they had the chance....  They elected to go another way and I wish them luck.  Ya get what cha pay for  :)

What they are trying to do... or were trying to do last time I looked, was admirable...   They are targeting specific training to serve geographical regions...

46 forget the lambastings.  I like what you have to say.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-22-2014 01:22
:lol:
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-22-2014 00:55
I never knew anybody that were friends and did not disagree... In fact if they didn't disagree, then they really weren't friends....

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / ARCLABS WELDING SCHOOL SOUTH CAROLINA!