Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / just a job
- - By texwelder (***) Date 06-05-2014 22:35
I was on this work over rig yesterday looked up and had to take this picture
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-06-2014 01:50
Interesting.  Some people have an eye for capturing things in photos that make for unique viewing. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 06-06-2014 10:15
*Like*
Nice composition
Tyrone
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-07-2014 04:12
Nice Picture
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 06-07-2014 05:54
Thanks man it was a gorgeous day outside but won't be long here in central Texas and we will be cussing that hot sun
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-14-2014 18:09
yeah I know about that! I'm next door in NM!
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 06-15-2014 01:04
Damn 95 today getting hot fast
Parent - - By valeria Date 06-10-2014 09:02
Wow! That was really awesome picture. As if I am looking high.

Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 06-14-2014 15:20
Thanks I think I am gonna get it printed out and framed
- - By aevald (*****) Date 06-06-2014 00:34
Awesome Photo Wes! Kind of nice to be able to work in those sorts of conditions on as nice as a day as that appears to be. Thanks for sharing. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 06-06-2014 15:29
Thanks and yes there are days I wouldn't trade my job for the world
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-06-2014 15:29
On my way home from Houston today, a quick was and change of cloths,  and on my way to Pittsburgh in the morning. We passed by the Cameron works while going to the airport. They had what appeared to be a drilling derrick set up in their yard with the biggest overhaul gear I have ever seen. I suspect it wasn't for a hole in their yard. It must be something they are building and trying out for some other location. You had to see it to believe it, it was huge!

Al
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-06-2014 22:17
You from the Burgh Al ??????????:cool:
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-06-2014 23:08
:lol:  LOL!! :lol:  :eek: 

Sorry!! I couldn't resist!  Easy Al.  It was an innocent question. 

I know he really won't take offense.  Just having some fun at your expense Smooth.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-07-2014 02:26
I'm not from Pittsburgh Bob. I'm from New England (once in a while). I do a bit of travel with my "practice."

Hey, but if you are in the area of Fort Couch this week, we can certainly meet for dinner! I'll be teaching a class at the Crown Plaza on Fort Couch this week.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-07-2014 12:39
Hey Al,

So you're going to be @ the South Hills Village Mall in between Mount Lebanon and Bethel Park in Upper St. Clair, PA correct? Do you mean Fort Couch Road? I ask this because the Crown plaza is on Fort Couch Road which is situated right in between the Mall and the Home Depot "over there in them thar hills!" Are you dining @PJ's in the Hotel?If you are, here's their menu:   

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/hotelmedia/repository/concierge/PITSO/275/0/6027/2256786246_PJs%20Breakfast%20Lunch%20Dinner%20Menus%20103113.pdf

Man! I wish I could go but, I don't have enough portable liquid oxygen containers to stick around for any period of time because I'm about 2 hours driving time each way way up in East Brady, PA... @ 6 lpm continuous, I would only have about half an hour tops to sit down for dinner and that's cutting it close... This SUCKS!!! Maybe next time Al when I don't need as much oxygen which I hope won't be too long from now... I can't get one of those portable oxygen concentrators because the top of the line units only deliver 3 lpm's max continuous and that's half of what I require in order to have steady blood oxygen saturation... Very FRUSTRATING INDEED!!! Enjoy your stay my friend!

You familiar with my neck of the woods Smooth? If you are then you know how far away I'm from the South Hills... Btw, Where you @ Smooth?

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-07-2014 13:58
You are right on target Henry.

I'll be staying at the Crown Plaza this week to teach a class of about 37 people.  PJ's is where I put on the feed bag. The price is right and they serve a pretty fair meal. You can't say that about every eatery. I ate at the crab place in the Charlotte Airport yesterday afternoon and spent the entire evening on the throne. I promised my wife we could eat dinner at one of her favorite spots, but my stomach took a turn for the worst on the way home from the airport. That killed the idea of eating out and a romantic evening. To look on the bright side, I lost weight over night!

I usually teach classes in Pittsburgh a couple of times a year. It is a long Taxis ride from the airport, but they take good care of us and it is close to an Office Max and several eateries that is within walking distance.

I would enjoy sharing a meal with you Henry. Maybe next time you will be up to the travel and we can get together.

Have you heard from our friend, Joe Kane? I have to give him a call. It has been a few months since I last talked to him. He's a good man and a good friend. I've been neglecting him lately with all my bouncing around.

You take care of yourself!

I have a few more minutes to kill here in Philly before they start loading the plane bound for Pittsburgh.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-07-2014 23:34
Al , Know where you are exactly , Mt. Feminine and Upper St. Air ( where all the RICH people from the Pittsburgh area live......"OLD" football rivalries hence the nicknames)....... Hope your feeling  better maybe we can meet another time.....Don't know many New Englander's.......... Not much of a New England fan...... Brady / Hernandez / Coach ,etc......:red:
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-07-2014 23:23
Henry , Live in North Sewickley Twp. ......... Between Beaver Falls and Zeli.........My shop is in Monaca and I was born & raised in Ambridge ( Beaver Valley) .........:cool:
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-08-2014 02:02
I do not know the area. So I should get a map and take a look, but I in and then out. Airport to hotel and back to airport is the typical cycle.

Feel free to stop in. I don't mind sharing a meal with a friend.

There isn't much to be proud of in that boy, Hernandez.

Best regards -  Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-08-2014 19:44
Okay Al... Let me know the next time you're around in the "burgh"! Safe trip my friend!:cool:

Hey Smooth,
Are they still working on the roads over there? Last time I was through there they were tearing up Rt. 68... Nice area over there Smooth... Just to refresh my memory, is that the Ohio river by Monaca? Have you been to the Beaver Valley Nuke plant? I was there many moons ago during a maintenance shutdown... Anywho, good to know you neighbor!:lol:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-09-2014 23:22
Henry, Hope your feeling better, the Rt. 68 construction is over...... Monaca is an Ohio River town......Work every once in a while at the Beaver Valley nuke plants....Alot of handrail at the "office/ administration buildings" thru Dick Corp. (DCK Worldwide now)....... Horsehead Industries ( old Saint Joe Lead) is shut down supposed to be selling property to Dutch Shell for a cracker plant......Paying PENNDOT to build a new 6 lane interchange on Rt.60 !!!!!!!!! (Starting construction July)....... Hopefully big/ great times ahead In the Beaver Valley........:cool:
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-11-2014 06:45
Hey Smooth,

Do you come across a lot of rigs like in the picture above in your neck of the woods? They're sprouting up all over the place in this area and the truckd are tearing up the roads here also... Is the same going on over your way?

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 06-11-2014 21:06
Henry, Rigs are  popping up all over W. Pa.......Mainly along Rt. 70 corridor from Cambridge Oh. to Somerset Pa........Also just worked on a rig with Cactus up between Evans City and Butler......Little area called Brownsdale.... Was an excellent job , man (Cactus) knows his business !!!!!!!!! Was only Rig Welder there from Pa., rest of the welders were from Tx. , Ok. & La....... Hope I can do more work like that, really enjoyed it !!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool:cool:
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / just a job