Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln 200D pipeliner??
- - By Chris2626 (***) Date 08-09-2014 01:23
Friend of mine wants to know how he can tune this welder to throw more metal on faster and stack better with a butterier arc he's got the arc force on it but wants more out of the machine seems like I remember reading something long ago about it.

Chris
Parent - - By Chris2626 (***) Date 08-09-2014 22:53
I was thinking of just telling him to turn the rpms down some what ya think?? he did say he has had one armature burn up in it and this armature is acting strange to.
Parent - - By NWPAwelder (**) Date 08-14-2014 13:52
What year machine is it? I have a 2012 that I had to have the entire barrel replaced under factory warranty.It started to come unwound and shorting out as well as the shunt coils being too large, which reduced the air gap to an almost non-existent amount; in turn restricting air flow through the generator barrel, thus keeping it cool.  With the machine running, you should be able to feel a significant amount of air blowing out of the vents of the barrel behind the engine. If you don't, then chances are that you've got a blockage between the coils.
It seems that all the engine drives from Lincoln are now produced in Canada. Their quality standards do not seem to be nearly as good as of years past in my opinion.
These machines production were put on an indefinite hold.
In regard to turning down his rpm... that is what the idle control knob is actually doing for him now. It is an 150 RPM swing down from high idle. 10 on the dial being set at factory high idle. Mine is quite touchy... just moving it a fraction of one digit seems to change the way it welds a fair amount.
I would have it checked by a qualified welder mechanic if not done so already. They should be able to megger the generator to check for voltage leakage from the coils to ground.
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 08-16-2014 16:11
This guy had the same problem he had the entire generator replaced along with the armature
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln 200D pipeliner??