Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Does anyone have experience in codes for spheres assembly?
- - By daniel180385 Date 08-11-2014 13:13
Hi,

I would aprecciate any information regarding the assembly of spheres for a new plant. What codes or regulation we have to use as inspector?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-11-2014 13:32 Edited 08-11-2014 13:36
You're going to have to get those from the contract documents/job specifications.

I have worked on spheres that were welded and inspected per D1.1 and then others have been to ASME.  I believe one, a water tank, was to AWWA.

But, regardless of my failing memory, all jobs will be specified for the materials, applicable codes to weld and/or inspect, and other engineering requirements in the Contract Documents.  Usually you can find all you need on the General Structural Notes page of the Engineer Structural Drawings.

Daniel, if you are still in South America you may also want to check your local and/or national requirements as that is a whole different ball game from what most of us here are used to.  Anyone working overseas or out of the USA comes across many different requirements. The European countries, Asian and so on all have diverse regulations and code organizations that don't always line up with AWS in the USA.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Does anyone have experience in codes for spheres assembly?