Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / PT acceptance criteria
- By mov955 Date 08-23-2014 00:23
Hi,

I am wondering if the acceptance criteria for the PT test is the same as the RT test? In the AWS it only mentions that “the standards of acceptance for PT shall be in conformance with section 6, part C, of this code, whichever is applicable". Having said that, section 6 part C only covers the requirements for UT and RT. As the RT  is a 2D test similar to PT test, I think that all the requirements of acceptance for RT should be used for PT, is this correct?

thanks,
- - By mov955 Date 08-23-2014 00:44
Hi,

I am wondering if the acceptance criteria for the MT test is the same as the RT test? In the AWS it only mentions that “the standards of acceptance for MT shall be in conformance with section 6, part C, of this code, whichever is applicable". Having said that, section 6 part C only covers the requirements for UT and RT. As the RT  is a 2D test similar to MT test, I think that all the requirements of acceptance for RT should be used for MT, is this correct?

Sorry in my previous post I had instead of MT, PT
thanks,
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-23-2014 17:09
WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

A lot of the guys don't look at items posted here in the Section Bulletin Board Dept.

I would suggest redoing this in either 'Certifications' or 'Inspections' on up in the General topic board area.

If I am understanding your question as you intend to be asking then you are wanting to know if the visual inspection acceptance/rejection criteria is the same when done prior to the MT, UT, PT, RT etc being performed?  If so, then as I recall, Yes. 

Now, as far as some wording, I'll have to look it up and I'm not real good searching these things out on my computer copy and I don't have a hard copy in front of me at the moment.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / PT acceptance criteria