Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / MSDS Guide
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-11-2014 20:34
This is a guide to help anyone that has a problem with understanding what an MSDS actually contains and how to read and comprehend what's in it.

http://ccinfoweb.ccohs.ca/help/msds/msdsINTGUIDE.html

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-12-2014 16:14
The guide Henry posted is an International version. 

OSHA compliance is introducing some new terminology... But the key here to be aware of for compliance is the formatting

In the past, format for MSDS/SDS were not regimented... They will be soon.   The format in Henry's post looks like the one OSHA has adopted.

So having your ducks and having your ducks in a row will be the new requirement in 2015

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/HazComm_QuickCard_SafetyData.html
The Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires chemical manufacturers, distributors, or importers to provide Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) (formerly known as Material Safety Data Sheets or MSDSs) to communicate the hazards of hazardous chemical products. As of June 1, 2015, the HCS will require new SDSs to be in a uniform format, and include the section numbers, the headings, and associated information under the headings below:
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-21-2014 16:55
OSHA is going to more of a European format for the MSDS, SDS is the new MSDS if I understand correctly. Which means guys who are required to carry the MSDS on their trucks, like me will need to update the book to be compliant I believe.
Parent - By Sean Martinez Date 06-25-2015 10:29
Thanks Henry for share this guide,

though till now OSHA already makes lots of changes and declared new format of MSDS your guide still helpful for useful information. My friend is working a alloy factory transportation and most of I saw he have this MSDS and incase for  more updates about this MSDS he suggesting me to concern with MSDS service provider as "International Chemical Safety Data Solution" as I am going to start a new shop on cleaning products so I must need that.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / MSDS Guide