Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / SNT-TC-1A MT Level II Training Requirments Question
- - By eekpod (****) Date 09-29-2014 18:55
It's been many years since I have had to dive into SNT-TC-1A but I have a question I'd like some clarification on. I am referencing the 2001 edition but I believe there is a 2006 out there.

I don't understand what the number "4" means in the column "Completion with a passing grade of at least 2 years of engineering or science study at a university or college or technical school".
This is Table 6.3.1 A on page 10.
I see a HS graduate or equivalent had to have made it to at least 8th grade.  Minimum Required Work Experience in Method in hours is 210 hrs, but I don't get what 4 means in the 2nd column.
Any clarification would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
Parent - By Fireplayer67 Date 09-30-2014 20:48
Hey eekpod,  I don't have the 2001 edition but from looking at my copy I think you are looking at the alternate initial training, and I am guessing you are looking at the recommended formal training hours that go along with the 210 hands on experience hours, in order to achieve a level I or II.
Parent - By psnort (*) Date 09-30-2014 21:11
Initial training hours Level II MT. From 2006.
- - By eekpod (****) Date 10-06-2014 13:57
I confirmed its not the Alternate Initial training table (which is table 6.3.1B) it is table A.

So you think those are training hours in that column?  Doesn't seem like enough time to learn an NDT method.
Attachment: SNT-TC-1ATable6.3.1A.pdf (100k)
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-06-2014 19:44
Don't lose sight that the hours listed are only recommendations and they are the minimum recommended hours. Most of my classes double up on the classroom training to make sure all the subject matter is covered in sufficient detail to explain the why's and how's.

Al
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 11-04-2014 19:04
I took all my NDT training in college so there was a lot of time devoted to ti and was done properly.  Not like how some employers do it, go sit in front of a guy for 4 hrs take a test and your done, now get to work.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / SNT-TC-1A MT Level II Training Requirments Question