Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Local 597 pipefitters
- - By Johny Bravo Date 12-22-2014 23:21
hello everyone. i recently heard of something called a hybrid program for local union 597 in Illinois. I am very interested in joining and if anyone knows what it is please let me know and how to get in. thanks.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 12-23-2014 07:12
Here you go kid;

http://www.pftf597.org/applications/hybrid-program/

Hybrid Program...All Hybrid students are accepted from the existing two-year waiting list for the Building Trades apprenticeship. For more information regarding the application process, please see this website.

Hybrid Welding Program:
A student must pass both a urinalysis and hair follicle drug test and possess a valid driver’s license to be accepted into the hybrid welding program.
The class will be held Monday-Friday from 7:00a.m.-3:30p.m. for 16 weeks.
A student will be discharged upon his/her third absence and/or tardies (Non-Catastrophic).

A student must provide his/her own personal protective clothing, welding hood and work boots. The training center will provide students with safety glasses, face shields, ear plugs, file, wire brush, replacement lenses, hammer, wedge, chisel, cold cut saw and an electrode holder.

A student must pass a mandatory visual inspection of one Horizontal and one Vertical plate welds by the end of his/her third week (120 hrs.) of training. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the program. This visual inspection will be performed by a certified AWS/CWI-UA ATR Instructor.

The rest is in the link above. There are links on the page that will give you more detailed information besides what the link describes so make sure you look @ every link listed in the column to the left of the information shown in the initial link above. Good luck to you.:grin::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Local 597 pipefitters