Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Inverter Stick Welders Dual Voltage Input 115V/230V
- - By John Folk Date 01-25-2015 20:55 Edited 01-25-2015 23:42
Looking for feed back on two machines: Esab Mini Arc 161lts and Everlast 200 st
Each have 6010 capability. $300-500 range new. Any experience with these purchases?
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 01-26-2015 13:36
Since both are Chinese manufactured, you might evaluate in terms of warranty. Esab has a long history, full service dept. many local sevice reps, and 3 year warranty with good service reputation. EverLast has a relatively short history. no local service in most areas, warranty service is void if box is opened by other than company employees, most issues resolved by whole unit replacement, shipping cost may be expensive, and company is sole and final arbiter of customer satisfaction.

Chinese manufacturing can be high-quality, as in the case of the computer I'm using, or the TV you are watching. This, however, requires design and quality control by the parent company, and some have little or none, since product standards are set by the lowest bidder. I would think that Esab, (Lincoln, Miller, Victor) have more at stake in getting better quality than most of the recently established Chinese franchises.

(BTW, I have no connection to Esab, other than having owned or used some of their machines over the years).
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Inverter Stick Welders Dual Voltage Input 115V/230V