Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / OES (optical emmision spectroscopy)
- - By goldybowen21 (**) Date 02-13-2015 22:20
Okay this isn't related to welding but, it is testing has anyone on this forum dealt with, OES testing before and if so do you know what training is needed to operate one of the machines. Would you need a LEVEL 2 NDT certification in order to be using a spectrometer?

sorry for posting this in here but ive tried calling companies and they honestly haven't informed me of anything, so i figured next best place to look for info would be u guys :grin:

located in Winnipeg Manitoba
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-14-2015 13:56
Welcome.

Good question. I would expect the manufacturer provides training on the proper use and general maintenance of their equipment. I would also recommend looking into training offered by ASM.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By goldybowen21 (**) Date 02-19-2015 21:15
Turns out there is no certification required in order to operate an OES testing machine. There are training courses offered but no standards saying you need any level of NDT.
Parent - By dick (**) Date 06-12-2015 09:52
Hey Goldy, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you have tried the OES out. There are alot of them on the market and we are looking to purchase one. Looking for insight/ideas  pros/cons on them.
Thanks
Dick
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / OES (optical emmision spectroscopy)