Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lord bearing?
- - By booneandbuck (*) Date 03-10-2015 02:27
I have a 1947 shorthood that I'm working on. I want to replace the armature bearing. I read that in this old of a machine that it is a lord bearing. Can anyone tell me where to get one of these bearings or if the bearings for the newer shorthoods and redfaces a will work.
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 03-10-2015 14:16
Is the machine named Mary?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-10-2015 14:56
It was Sarah who called Abraham 'Lord'.  Unless you are thinking of a different reference to THE LORD in His encounter with Mary and Martha.  :lol:

Anyway,  I had to let my mind run through that first also, because it is just one of those mornings; 'I have never heard of a LORD bearing'

OKAY, now that that is out of our system. 

Can't say as I can actually answer your question.  Just couldn't resist the intervention/hijack.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-10-2015 15:32
And that is interesting, while not normally one to encourage posting in multiple locations, I'm glad you did post this question in the SA200 section as well and that a competent person responded.

Learned something about 'Lord bearings'.  Not at all the same as 'load bearing'. 

Very interesting.

Brent
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-10-2015 18:00
Bills or Stumpf's could get it. Bearing supply type of place could measure it, find you a bearing that is correct but just ordering from the welder repair folks like Bill's or Stumpf's would be much easier, done from the phone.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-10-2015 18:19
Shawn,

take a look:  "The bearings are available from any number of venders. Bills, Stumph's, Hybriweld are all good for parts. The lord bearing actually refers to how the main armature connects to the engine flywheel. It is not a bearing at all but is a set of steel pins mounted into rubber bushings."

quoted from the same thread asked under the SA200 section. 

They aren't actually 'bearings'.  Go figure.

Brent
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-10-2015 18:23
Oh, ok. Don't know much about the backend of these machines, do have parts laying around for a 1951 though, haha! Unfortunately will have a complete SA250 sitting around as well.
- - By booneandbuck (*) Date 03-11-2015 15:16
Thanks for the info guys. I didn't realize that posting in more than one section was frowned upon. I just thought that it fit into both.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-11-2015 16:31
It splits up the discussion and often loses valuable flow of the conversation. 

Thanks for understanding.
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 04-02-2015 20:17
see the answer I posted under SA200
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-02-2015 20:26
Nice to see ya Kay :)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lord bearing?