Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / Overseas Pipelining
- - By Superflux (****) Date 03-13-2015 17:02
Safety First!!!
I am often asked; "Hey Superflux. Can you get get me on your project? You're on this cool gig in some (supposedly) exotic location..."

First off, I highly doubt anyone I know stateside would come half way across the planet to work for the equivalent of an iPhone 5 every couple of weeks. My last project over yonder paid the welders about $1700 a month for 7-10s! One of the Welder Helpers spent his entire month's paycheck for a brand new iPhone. Living in a man-camp allowed him to make this purchase
Then there is the safety factor. Even though most are owned by a "We all recognise this Company Name", there are still safety issues that would get us all in deep doo-doo if attempted on U.S. soil.
It's a different world out there in the jungles, deserts and mountains. Labor is cheap (by our standards) and life is valued at the Exact Same Price!
Energy and minerals WILL be sold and always at a profit.  For those needing work, there are always jobs out there...
At what price are YOUR services (life) worth?

Two of my friends are down in the ditch welding away... How many violations can you identify?
I don't know where this is and I couldn't/wouldn't say if I did to protect the guilty.
Attachment: Pipeline2.docx (725k)
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 08-17-2015 03:12
My computer says even your attachment is dangerous.:grin:
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 08-17-2015 19:02
There's probably a fine just for looking at that foto
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Safety / Overseas Pipelining