Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tru-Remote
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-24-2015 23:38
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.truremote.com/products/

I was looking for prices on a remote for the Vantage and ran across this. Available for you Millers, Lincolns, old SA200's/250's, a bit on the pricey side but if I can shut my machine off and be 100 feet away or more and then start it back up, that looks like it would be worth it.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-25-2015 15:31 Edited 03-25-2015 15:34
Very interesting Shawn.

It even goes with my new(er) Trailblazer 325 EFI.  You are right, they are spendy, but, so is the one I can get from Miller for my machine and it won't turn it on and off (great feature especially when working in the air and not needing the machine for a while).

For the record, if in line of site, I know the Miller cordless remote will work from over 300' away.  We tested it at a demo in Yuma about 3 years ago and just started walking and adjusting the machine.  I stood at the machine and documented while a couple of the guys walked across the field with the remote.  It was only rated at 100'.  So, if this one is anything like that, when you are up on a tower and have line of site to the machine you should be good for quite a bit of your height. 

Thanks for sharing.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-25-2015 22:26
Brent, I have a UE Boom wireless speaker. It is rated at 50 feet. We were winding down for the day and lowered the bags down from 250 feet. The speaker was in the bags going down. When it hit the ground there was a pause in the conversation between me and the guy up with me. I said, "holy cow, the speaker is still playing music!" My phone still tucked away in my little bag on my hip.

I'd say this remote would be the same way. I think they said that they will be adding a dig function as well. I'm going to contact them and try and get more info on things like that. If they are adding the dig I will be waiting until they do!

The start/stop is also what caught my eye. Sitting up on the tower, waiting, turn off the welder or start it once I am up there and in position instead of letting it run while I go up and down.

It had great reviews from their site as well.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 03-26-2015 23:47
we started fitting all our GTAW machines with the wireless pedals and have loved it, very convenient and equally pricey.

Just waiting for them to come out with wireless welding torch :wink:
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-27-2015 14:55
Especially that 'work' lead.  I can't wait until they make that wireless.  Won't have to worry about attaching it before doing something as simple as striking an arc.

Brent
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 04-06-2015 21:58
We just stand in puddles, we double as our own work leads.
- - By captaincatshit Date 06-23-2015 20:42
I have just recently purchased one of the Tru remotes. It is a great product and works great on my Lincoln 250 gxt. Make sure that you make him give you the software that is need to change the program. I don't know why he will not just send it with the item but you will play hell to get it out of him otherwise.
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 06-24-2015 02:34
I would think a remote would be invaluable to a cell tower guy. I like the Miller 350 pipe pro with remote... at least on paper. But a remote start, like a BMW or something -OMG. The only remotes I ever had were usually sneaking a smoke in the portajohn and I certainly didn't have a phone to call them with. On a side note, I see in Barron's this week (yes, I'm rich - bloody rich in fact that's why I have to go in at 7 tomorrow and wear a box on my head all day) that if DISH merges with T-moblile a whole lot of new antennas need to be hung. Thousands. DISH has the excess tower and T-Mobil has excess customers. SBA appears to have the better set-up for profits, by the way.
I'm too old and even though I've climbed mountains I was never 'all in'. However, a particularly talented welding student named Jeffery told me that hanging on a rope was totally his thing and I sent him your way, by way of this forum Cumminsguy71. Hope that was OK and if I might ask, did he PM you as I suggested? He sure seemed like an up and comer to me.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Tru-Remote