Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / 2020 Inspections
- - By TimGary (****) Date 03-29-2015 00:22
Anybody familiar with this outfit in New York?

Tim
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-29-2015 03:49
I personally am not familiar with this outfit... They look like a relatively new outfit based on the dates of their accreditation, but they were established in 1993... Tim. I found this online which gives you the scope of their accreditation:

http://www.iasonline.org/PDF/SIA/SIA-237-NY.pdf

You may want to check to make sure that they are up to date on their license and accreditation also...

Here's another page with very little details... There are a few websites that will give you more detailed info on these folks but they're pricey so that depends on how much the info is worth to whoever is investigating this company. Hope this helps,:grin::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-29-2015 20:13
IAS, anyone know who they are?

Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-30-2015 13:59
International Accreditation Services,  iasonline.org .

They deal with commercial buildings that are prefabbed and shipped out then bolted and screwed together.  Took up a space left when AISC cut some areas on buildings.  The shop many outfits work in are often built to their specs.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 03-30-2015 14:02
PS : they do certifications similar to AISC and others but for those outfits that specialize in prefabbed metal buildings. 

(info thanks to a guy working here in AZ with me who used to do QC at a shop that was certified through them)

Brent
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-31-2015 02:29
Thanks Brent.

Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / 2020 Inspections