Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Another one of those jobs
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-29-2015 15:47
Working another job, engineering blunders and buffoonery galore but the light at the end of the tunnel is the location.
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 03-29-2015 16:11
Sometimes , it all works out in "your" favor....... Enjoy it buddy, you deserve it..... Usually few and far between.....
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 03-29-2015 19:28
Dammit Indiana and or St Louis won't look like that!!!!!!
Parent - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 03-30-2015 00:59
C'mon Tommy..... The river banks might look like that shoreline (dead fish) if your there when the temperature of the river causes it to "roll over" LOL........ Heard your work in' some l-o-n-g hours and drivin' ......stay safe buddy!!!!!!
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-30-2015 02:30
Yeah, St. Louis don't look or smell like this!! I could work the most miserable job for a year where I am versus a two day job in St. Louis!! Yes, I've been to St. Louis a few times, arch was wicked cool then rolled on out of there! Now to hook up with somebody that has a job out in Cali!! Need to hit the Pacific again!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-30-2015 02:31
These guys I'm working with do have some pretty cool locations. Was asked a few weeks ago how I felt about going to Puerto Rico, said, no problem here, might be hard getting my rig over there though!!
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 03-30-2015 10:25
Where is that Shawn?
Anything worth catching on the pier?

Tyrone
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 03-31-2015 10:08
Atlantic ocean, just north of Myrtle Beach, actually about a 2-3 miles north of the South Carolina border. I know this cause I parked at the pier then went for a morning run on the beach and ended up in South Carolina, :lol:

Not sure about the fishing, don't have a license, pole, gear....:cry:
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 04-01-2015 10:58
Still doing PT, eh?!  (applaud).  Only time I run, is to the bathroom.

Love that stretch of ocean.  I vacation on the Outer Banks every year.  Never go without my license, pole, gear...

Tyrone
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 04-01-2015 22:15
Yeah, still doing PT. Running is the cheapest of the exercises I enjoy, well, don't really enjoy running, not on the top of my list but it's also the cheapest and you can do it just about anywhere!

I was out here back in the early 90's and thought it was super cool. Then I went to Okinawa and mainland Japan and finally southern California. After that the Atlantic just wasn't all that great. I have enjoyed being here though, would be great for vacation for sure. Saw a baby sea turtle on my run, a horseshoe crab and gosh knows what else.

Thought about fishing but just don't have the time. Always wanted to go deep sea fishing for....whatever, don't even matter. I actually think I just want to get out there to get out there and could care less about the fishing!
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 04-02-2015 10:32
I know what you mean.  There's some spectacular oceans out there. Once a decade I get to see a new one, and I always wished I had a pole with me.  

"...could care less about the fishing!"
That's just crazy talk!

Tyrone
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Another one of those jobs