Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Top Discussions In Materials, Corrosion, Inspection, Welding
- - By pejman_pt Date 03-31-2015 22:03 Edited 04-02-2015 11:08
deleted the spammer's content

Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-01-2015 00:38
Will someone get rid of this joker?

Al
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 04-01-2015 00:45
Al
wish I could:wink:
and you thought the esab ads were bad:wink::eek::roll:
made my thoughts on this known:yell:
hi John:wink:
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 04-01-2015 22:53
WHAT IS UP WITH THIS PERSON.
Parent - - By Inspector Date 04-07-2015 22:31 Edited 04-07-2015 22:51
Hi. This post was not a spam. I sent it to many forums here just because of its scientific importance. It is the result of the work of many great scientists worldwide. Many scientists have read the information and agreed that it is good data. When I posted it here, I expected scientific comments, Instead I got insults and offensive words from this ID: kcd616 and some more... like "stupid" and "joker" , then my post was deleted by the moderator! Here is a scientific forum and every one who spends his/her time on this forum expects scientific matter. Also my account was blocked here and I had to register again.
Again I say that this post was not a spam. I was waiting for your scientific comments and not insults. Do you spam any question, answer or solution which is repeated in many forums just because of repetition? I ask you to read the content of the post and then decide on whether it is spam or not. This is not fair that my scientific post is deleted and the offensive posts remain unchanged here.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-08-2015 00:49
An introduction like you just made would have gone a long way to getting a totally different response.  While I regret our response, it was handled as it was because of the number of spammers that try their best to ruin sites with all kinds of viruses and etc.

We also strongly request that our members only post one post, not in every single section of the forum.  That gave more than a little cause for concern on our part. 

We also are more than hesitant about links such as you posted when we have no lead in as to what is going on.

You can criticize us all you want but you violated every guideline for member usage that we hold to in order to have an orderly forum without chaos by having multiple listings of the same thing and the possibility of contamination of the site or our own equipment.

Brent
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-09-2015 20:39
I don't regret my response!
Brent,
A PM with this individual shouldn't be enough to exonerate this person IMHO... He needs to prove it to the moderator and all of us that he will comply with the rules of the AWS forum...

To Pejman: And FYI, what you posted was not IMHO a scientific document! Again you insult our intelligence! Who is insulting who? C'mon man!:mad:

Wow! Just when you think you have seen and read all kinds, this guy comes along to liven the place up a bit:twisted::eek::grin::lol::yell::twisted::lol::yell::lol::twisted::yell::grin::smile::wink::cool: This is too funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 21:42
Dear Henry,
I do not insult any body here. We are friends.
Best Regards,
Pejman Malekinejad. :wink:
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-10-2015 02:16
Henry,

I agree so much, but, at the same time, with the conversation he and I had I felt very strongly that he was worthy of a second chance.  I am not a moderator nor this man's judge.  He will make or break himself on this forum and so far...well, I think the majority opinion has been expressed and we are in agreement.

Glad to see you around.  Hope all continues to work out for you.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-11-2015 00:38
Ok, we'll give him another chance but just to remind everyone again, "Loose lips - Sink Ships!" So use your discretion when posting.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-11-2015 01:45
Henry,

I know I as well as others have been hasty on occasion to judge poster's fast and hard.  And, I dare say all of us have experienced at some time in our lives, being judged fast and hard and in our opinion wrongly. 

I knew from his Linked In profile where he was from before I started the conversation with him on his second username after the mods gave him the boot. 

He sent me a pm and we exchanged a couple and I told him he needed to try again but with a different mindset if he were truly offended and had honest intentions.  He has come back on and is posting.  No, not as we are used to and many of us are still offended with his style.

But, he will make or break himself.  Mostly so far, broken. 

As far as his nationality, I have reservations which I don't care who thinks I may be prejudiced, bigoted, etc.  The region largely speaks for itself.  So, what side is he on?  That remains to be seen.  But, can't we say that about many even natural born in this country?  It's not always about skin color, religion, political party, or many other factors.  It is what I as an individual choose to make of myself and do with the education, training, upbringing, and environment (family and culture wise) that I am raised with.

Just as I have said of education, good men can come out of ANY school and bad men can come out of ANY school.  It is not TOTALLY because of the professors, books of study, courses, etc but what you learn and attempt to apply from those studies.  Same with nationality.  Not every person from the middle east is bad. 

I would remind him though, this is not Linked In nor Facebook.  We serve a different purpose here and a significantly different membership. 

God Bless You Henry.  Get well and keep us educated and informed about all things with your health as well as welding.

Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-11-2015 02:43
Hey Brent,
It's just a USN saying that originated from WWII and since we're still at war, I stand by my own posture and warning. Although I do respect where you're coming from for the most part.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-08-2015 14:01
additional comments,

Please take these last couple of posts as constructive and informative and not meant to belittle or drive you away. 

Every new post is visible to all forum members and there is no need to put the same post in every single topic section.  That was probably the main point that agitated many including myself.  That is something that has only happened here by spammers.  Even when others have done multiple postings they almost never hit every section. 

For the past year we have had a major struggle with what can only be interpreted as an 'invasion' of potential spammers.  All you have to do is click on their usernames and see their posted info and links and realize they are here for trouble. 

If you are truly sincere then so are we and I apologize for the way you were greeted.  If you are sincere then I hope you will give this forum another chance. 

Can you pick a section you feel it would be most appropriate for and repost your link with some basic information and give some of our members the opportunity to check it out.  Maybe, send it to me in a pm (private message, accomplished by clicking on my username and then using the 'send message' button.) 

- By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-08-2015 18:48
I will admit to having jumped the gun on this one.  He and I have now had a PM conversation, short though it was, and I think he is trustworthy and will be a welcome addition. 

I have to get going, Flagstaff then Phoenix and pull and all nighter.  I'll come back to say more when I get set up on the job in PHoenix.

Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Top Discussions In Materials, Corrosion, Inspection, Welding