Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Wiring small exciter coils 47 shorthood no auxillary power
- - By booneandbuck (*) Date 04-07-2015 16:43
I have a 47 shorthood that does not have auxillary power for grinders and does not have rheostat, has chain to the governor. The machine was welding fine until I removed exciter coils and replaced armature bearing. I didn't write down how the coils were wired to the brush holders. I have looked on bills website and even had their tech text me a wiring diagram but it doesn't show how the coils are wired to brush holders. I did wire it and had 115 volts at brush holders but the exciter started getting hot in a short time so I'm sure I don't have it wired right. These are the old small coils with only 2 braided wires coming from each coil. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 04-08-2015 20:57
what is your email.
Parent - By CReeves Date 05-21-2015 03:26
Could you help me also? I just picked up a 47 and want to know what i need to do to get aux power for grinders. Its got the small exciter and coils. Thank you!
Parent - By fireboss108 (*) Date 05-26-2015 20:42
Did you get the wiring straightened out? I have the same problem with a '46 model and am hoping you can tell me how to fix mine. Thanks
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Wiring small exciter coils 47 shorthood no auxillary power