Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Guides for Welding Matters and Problems
- - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 07:21
Hi. How are you? Here I introduce the good sources of solutions for welding matters and problems (Like selection of welding processes, welding consumables, base metals, dissimilar metal welding, operating data, amperage … ) . They belong to the Boehler Company which is active in the field of welding. They are free for download. Just Follow this link and download related matters. They are very important and useful scientific information. Note that this post is not commercial or advertisement of a company. Just scientific aspects are discussed.

www.boehler-welding.com/Downloads

Best Regards,
Pejman Malekinejad.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 04-09-2015 11:29
If 100% of the solutions and recommendations are for one company's product, how is this not a sales link for Boehler Company?

I went to the links... They do not scientifically discuss process decision making beyond which Boehler product can be used for a specific application.

I did like the large cut-away drawings of large boilers.

Why not just say you represent Boehler sales (which you clearly and passionately do) and you want your amazing products to reach a wider market...   There is a section for things for sale.
Parent - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 12:00 Edited 04-09-2015 12:16
Dear Lawrence,
I agree with you on this sentence "They do not scientifically discuss process decision making beyond which Boehler product can be used for a specific application."
I did not say it is complete as no scientific text is complete. Universities and research centers work to improve the science. If a scientific matter is complete, then there will not be any need for research and development centers and they will be closed.
I said that they are " good sources of solutions for welding matters and problems ", neither complete nor 100%.
Also I am not the representative of Boehler company.
Best Regards,
Pejman Malekinejad.
Parent - - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 14:31 Edited 04-09-2015 14:42
Dear Lawrence,
Let me explain it for you. Please also note that many (not all) of this company products have AWS and EN ISO designations. For example the welding consumable of BÖHLER FOX CN 20/25 M-A which is a product of this company has AWS and EN ISO designations as: EN ISO 3581-A:E 20 25 5 Cu N L R 3 2 and AWS A5.4:E385-17 (mod.). You can buy the product from any brand while maintaining the AWS and EN ISO designations for the specific case of welding. It works in this way.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-09-2015 18:24
Hi Inspector,
I personally think that you're digging a much deeper hole than the one you're already in with your cookie cutter and "stand-offish" for the lack of a better term responses to Lawrence and if you want to promote yourself in a more positive light, it's best that you learn to be more helpful and considerate without talking down to people inquiring as to what you're offering in here...

I believe that you need to be aware that this site has some of the premier welding related and quality inspection/NDT personnel who frequent this forum... I think you are having a problem interpreting the form of English we use here in the USA, and could be one reason folks are being turned off by you... "Talking down" to folks in here will definitely earn you some points on establishing that you have a lousy attitude in here also...

You can attract more flies with honey than with mustard so if I were you, I would try very hard to earn the respect of your peers in here in order to establish healthy relationships with them in the future... Just my own personal observation for what it's worth.

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 19:33 Edited 04-09-2015 21:17
Dear Henry (ssbn727),
Here is a forum for welding. It is not for cookie, hole digging, folks and ...
I have no problem with anybody here nor with the premiers. I have written scientific posts and expect scientific comments and criticisms which are related to welding. Every one who spends his/her time here, expects scientific matters. Otherwise it is waste of time.I don't know, maybe your profession is in cookie, hole, folks and ...or you may want to say that eating cookie is good for welders since it has energy!?
Your last post was not related to welding. From now on I will not participate in discussions which are not related to welding.
Best Regards,
Pejman Malekinejad.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-09-2015 19:58 Edited 04-09-2015 20:04
Suit yourself!
Note: Cage rattled...:grin: Btw, when you decide to post anything that's of significance regarding welding, please let us all know by asking for opinions, because not one of your threads begin in such a manner.:roll: Your reaction just proves to me that you do not know how to communicate to us Americans since you show such a lack of understanding to some of the common American words I used in a majority of my posts like "folks, hole, digging", etc. If you feel insulted by the words I choose to communicate to you with well then get in line because you're certainly not the first to do so, and learn how to understand the American English we, the majority use in here... Please stop being so obtuse with your reactions.
Parent - - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 20:57
Dear Henry (SSB727),
1-  Why do you think that I am in trouble? I have no problem with any body here. So please don’t repeat “you're digging a much deeper hole than the one you're already in”.
2-  I did not talk down anybody here. I just answered the criticisms. Here is a forum and you should not expect 1 way discussions. I have the right to answer and defend my idea.
3-  I know English very well. I have the IELTS certificate and published articles in ISI journals in English.
4-  If you think that my posts are “Cookie cutters” then your professional idea is respected. You are free to say your professional idea here. But others will judge.

Best Regards,
Pejman Malekinejad.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-11-2015 00:46
Should I give this "     " another chance?  I'lll tell you one thing that is for sure... The "English" being used on that test and more than likely what you have learned is seriously different than what the majority of us use in here so, your point is moot and basically irrelevant...
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 04-09-2015 22:27 Edited 04-09-2015 23:13
Pejman,
all your information is scientific?
and your website is full of worldwide scientists
help me settle a debate here:eek::evil::twisted:
after you open a package of cellulose smaw rod
how should the remaining unused rod be stored?
waiting on pins and needles for your reply:evil::twisted:
seeing has how Lincoln or Hobart (aka Miller)
will make no comment on this
have a nice day
sincerely,
Kent
edit: my good friends @ lincoln and miller tell me off the record remarks
but no one other than myself stands for what is true
Parent - - By Inspector Date 04-09-2015 23:43
Dear kcd616,
Hi. Easy question. Just search these keywords "cellulose coated electrodes storage" or any relevant keywords in google.com and you will get many results. I did that and one of results is downloadable here at this link:

http://www.esab.co.kr/Web-App/Upload/2012/04/05/Storage%20and%20Handling%20Recommandations%20Consumable.pdf

For more information, please read my post titled "GUIDE TO INDUSTRY" in the forum of "Education". I have also checked the AWS A standards (Like AWS A 5.1, AWS A 5.2, ...), but they did not have any requirements for storage of cellulose covered electrodes. Instead you will find many recommendations on google.com.

Best Regards,
Pejman Malekinejad.
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 04-09-2015 23:56
Pejman,
read that, been there, done that:evil::twisted:
I opened a can of worms that you have no idea how to work with it:twisted::evil:
have a nice day
try to bring something new to the forum
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-10-2015 03:34
I have been forced to use Boehler welding consumables on a job and they were so bad we had to replace about 50% of the weld meat....i warned the company that the rods were bad from the start....but they went on ahead.   Well the entire job was a loss because of those rods.
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 04-10-2015 04:31
Really?   I have some of their 5p+ and its pretty damn good running rod,  I love their E70-s6  much better than i ever loved the Lincoln L-56

and avesta stainless electrodes have always been my go to for any sort of SS welding in the field with stick.
Parent - - By electrode (***) Date 04-15-2015 17:45
Inspector,
due to time restrictions being an irregular visitor rather of this welding forum, it took me a while to get to and go through all what you've posted. And, what shall I say? You can see me deeply impressed by what you were able to achieve in only ~ 10 years time.

Apart from that, however, and with all due respect. I personally do not mean that 'kcd616's' question was really that "easy". From what you have repeatedly emphasised in your posts I do infer that you're a scientist; hence, from your scientific perspective, why you would consider a 'google.com' search capable of answering 'kcd616's' interesting question? Or maybe I'm simply missing something here?

Also, at another note.
I could not have a look yet at your own scientific publications which you did mention once or twice.
In order to prevent me from wasting invaluable life time, let me kindly ask. Do these scientific papers deal with welding primarily? If so, I will be happy to do a 'google.com' or 'scholar.google' search for respectfully having a closer look.
In advance thank you for advising me.

Regards.
Parent - By electrode (***) Date 04-17-2015 06:58
Very unfortunately no answer from the Iranian peer (yet).
On the other hand - not really a surprise.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Guides for Welding Matters and Problems