Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / SCWI experience question
- - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 04-27-2015 19:32
I have been a welder for the last 12 years, I have always worked as a welder right out of high school, but the beginning years I did jump around a few jobs.  Three months here, three there, 6 months there and so on.  After about 2-3 years it leveled out and became more consistent.  When My 6 year is up and I am eligible for my SCWI I would like to go for it.  I have worked very heavily in the NDT and NDE since and as a consultant, and have 2 years so far at least writing PQR's and WPS' on a regular near weekly basis.  I have level 2 across the board as well except for UT, and Eddy current. 

So now the question, By the time I get trough the next 3 years, Ill have my 15 years of experience needed to apply for the license.  I will have had my CWI for 6 years and be 33 years old.   Now how to I go about proving all those jobs I had in the beginning?  Do I need to start tracking back past employers for information?  It was the "college years" for me so some things are a bit hazy, but since I got started I have consistency up till the first three years or so.  Any advice? 

Maxwell
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-27-2015 20:11
I would get started finding information and someone who is the contact person at the past employment.

B5.1 Clause 5.4 Documentation. "Candidates shall submit verifiable documentation of education and employment."

Don't see any wiggle room there.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / SCWI experience question