Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Unable to retrieve old password/user name profile
- - By hawkeye (*) Date 04-30-2015 11:14
I had to create a bogus emai on outlook and create a new user name in the forum to get back in.  The password reset link does not work!!!!  I entered my password, it sent me a link and when i clicked on the link the forum said that the link/ticket expired.  There is no contact email address under the help link to get help with this problem.  Please fix this!!!!  Please send me a link that does work!  Who do i have to sent a secured email to, to get my old profile back?  I do not want to use this dummy email just to use the forum.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-02-2015 15:47
Hi Hawkeye,
I'm not sure how to help with this. We need an adminstrator of this forum to look into this for us. I don't have any special tools for retrieving email/passwords as a moderator nor any html tools to work on the links/buttons. Hopefully an admin will pass by fairly soon and see this post and reply. I'm not sure who is handling these duties since ross has moved on. The forum has taken on some new features and looks but I'm not sure who is in charge of working out the bugs in this newer format.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-02-2015 19:56
Roque responded to a post that Glenn and I were discussing who mods and admins were.

Brent
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-04-2015 20:43
Ahhh...OK. Thanks Brent
Parent - - By Roque (AWS Digital Content Manager) Date 05-05-2015 18:09
I'll be sending this issue to our webmaster to fix today. Stay tuned.
Parent - By josh Date 05-05-2015 21:51
This is now fixed. We were linking to www.aws.org, which isn't properly redirecting the request to the forum URL of app.aws.org, so I just changed it so we use app.aws.org to start with!
- By tlw Date 05-04-2015 20:10
I had the same problem. Started another name to get back on here but can't get to the off-topic. Sent a message to the Ross account but he evidently has moved on from aws. Sent one to roque but haven't gotten anywhere with that either. What's the trick?
- By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-04-2015 21:41
Go to the thread right by this one titled 'moderators' by 46.00.  When he and I were asking for help for our only moderator, John, we were told there were no plans to add any more moderators.

Maybe they need some persuasion that John does need help at least by them if they aren't going to give him more access so he can do the things Ross used to do.  Not that he needs more irons in the fire. 

Brent
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Unable to retrieve old password/user name profile