Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / found some interesting sculpture today
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-11-2015 19:56 Edited 05-11-2015 20:31
Calling it sculpture because I'm not sure you can call it welding.

Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 05-11-2015 21:31
.....Sculpture is an overly flattering term for that scary mess....
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 05-11-2015 23:01
speechless :eek:::roll:
words can not say the fubar that is
I do not think my very first weld was that bad
thanks for sharing fubar buddy
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 05-12-2015 00:21
Well John, I guess that's some of that OEM work that doesn't require code compliance, Eh? Yeah, I have seen some work like that before on dumpsters and a few other "nonconsequential" type products. WOW though! Best regards, Allan
Parent - By Jarhead1 (**) Date 06-10-2015 18:56
Hope you were not waiting to get on a amusement park ride, etc, etc....:)
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-11-2015 22:20
Don't you find it amazing that a company would allow those welds pass through their system unchallenged?

My report to the Owner/Engineer would indicate the contractor's QC system is nonfunctional. My recommendation would be that the contractor hire a third part inspection agency to perform the code mandated visual and any supplementary NDT required by the contract documents.

The Verification inspector represents the Owner by performing quality assurance function. The contractor is responsible for all quality control functions. The Verification Inspector should never be forced to serve as the contractor's quality control person. That requires the Verification Inspector into the uneasy position of serving two masters and forces the Owner to accept liability for the contractor’s work. It is better to require the contractor to hire a third party to fulfill the contractor’s responsibility so as to maintain the separation of QC and QA. The cost for the TPI QC should be borne by the contractor since QC is their responsibility.  Nothing gets the contractor’s attention like a whopping sized invoice for services rendered that he should have performed. 

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 05-11-2015 23:21
LOL. ..I suppose I should come clean. ....I was leaning and watching the erector hang a few pieces while the deck sub finished another area and noticed these beauties taunting me. I thought you guys might have some fun with them. These uh-hem. ..welds were on a roll-off dumpster.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-12-2015 00:27
You bum!  Good one!:grin:

Al
Parent - By browland (*) Date 05-21-2015 18:50
I'm pretty sure in Asia I've seen monkeys weld better!:grin:
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / found some interesting sculpture today