Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Sections / Section 55: Arizona / AWS/AZ Section May '15 Meeting and Tour
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-15-2015 00:06
Here is the announcement for May's meeting at Red Mountain High School:

Greetings AWS Arizona Section Members & Friends,

The AZ Section of AWS will be holding a meeting with shop tour at Red Mountain High School on Tuesday, May 19th, 2015. The shop tour includes a demonstration of their state-of-the-art CNC plasma cutting table. Participants will be shown how to program the cutter and then be allowed to enter in vectors to program it themselves. A tour of the completely remodeled facility will follow.

Box dinners will be provided by their Red Mountain Culinary Arts program beginning at 5:30 PM with the meeting starting at 6:00 PM.

DATE & TIME:
Thursday, May 19, 2015
5:30 PM dinner, 6:00 PM meeting

7301 E. Brown Road
Mesa, AZ 85207

DIRECTIONS:
Take Az 202 Loop East to Mesa. Take Exit 26 from AZ 202 South. Merge onto E. Brown Rd. Red Mtn HS will be on your Left. Approaching RMHS on Brown Road from either east or west, turn south on Sun Valley Boulevard. Keep going South until you get to a gate in the fence on your right. We will post signs directing you to the weld lab from there.

Please join us for this opportunity to see how our students education needs are being met.

We hope to see you at the meeting!

Regards,
Fran Johnston
mfjohnst@earthlink.net
Certified CTE Educator
American Welding Society, Az. Publicity Chair
602-920-1609
Parent - - By kcd616 (***) Date 05-15-2015 01:52
aws is meeting with a meal
take the little woman
for date night:wink::smile:
sincerely,
Kent
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 05-15-2015 01:59
My wife has come to a couple of our meetings but for the most part, not in her interest circle.  She let's me do it without much complaining even when I travel the state trying to do meetings for members in remote locations.  But, not where her interests lie. 

I'll let you be my date Kent  :lol:  :eek:  AZ isn't out of the way is it?  Great scenery.  Where else can you go to see the world's largest landfill disguised as a National Park?  Then there is the red rock country around Sedona. 

Brent
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 05-17-2015 19:36
Brent,
from NY a bit of a commute
and mine and little womans health keeps us close to home
but if things were different and been to zona many times
love bullhead city
but if I go to an aws meeting I only go as Al Moore's date:wink::lol:
sincerely,
Kent
- By nfmartin Date 06-02-2015 17:03 Edited 06-02-2015 20:19
Thank you RMHS for hosting a wonderful event. It was great to see the support Mesa Public Schools provides to its teachers.
We appropriate all that attended, as well as the educators involved - Dan Hurst, Ed Loney, and Mike Drobitsky. The Career &Technical Education Department has really woven its way back into the community and especially the students.

-Nicholas Martinez
Up Topic Sections / Section 55: Arizona / AWS/AZ Section May '15 Meeting and Tour