Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Lawrence,I got the teaching position,
- - By dschlotz (***) Date 05-15-2015 19:12
Lawrence,

I start teaching in the fall at my local J.C. Thank you for all of the info you posted so that eminence in welding would be considered even though I am not credentialed. I'll be teaching a beginner class, an advanced fabrication class, and a full coverage lab class. 15 TLU's. If you want to see what you helped me with see https://app.aws.org/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=34141. Or you can look it up  dschlotz 1/26/2015.

Thanks again for your help.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-15-2015 19:35
Congrats !

I love it when a plan comes together.

You win... The students Win !
Parent - By dschlotz (***) Date 05-16-2015 01:30 Edited 05-16-2015 01:35
Teaching is my passion. I got into more trouble, while working in a fab shop, because I took time to teach why instead of just giving commands. I don't think that will be a problem in this new adventure. My biggest challenge will be learning to document things like attendance, completed projects and learned disciplines. I'm computer savvy but not spread sheet savvy. I'm going into a program that is already established but I have been told that I have a free hand as long as I include everything in the syllabus.

I'm excited to say the least.

Dennis
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 05-15-2015 19:42
Congratulations are definitely in order, the very best to you. Allan
Parent - - By dschlotz (***) Date 05-16-2015 01:34
Allen,

I didn't mean to leave you out of my thanks. I have been reading your posts for nearly 10 years. I looked at your profile and saw that you are an educator as well.

I want to do well so I will be getting back to the forum with questions.

Dennis
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 05-16-2015 07:09
Hello Dennis, no I certainly don't feel left out. Glad to hear of your selection for the new job. I believe that you will do just fine. One of the first things that you will likely come to find out about your new job is to relax a bit and understand that while industry generally acts on needs and to situations in a timely manner, education often works a bit differently.

If you haven't figured that out already you soon will. Hopefully they have a mentor to assist you with questions and to explain duties as they apply to the "business" end of education and your other duties. Please keep all of us informed and definitely ask questions if you feel the need. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 05-17-2015 03:12
Congratulations! Education is a great profession and worthy the highest recognition.
- By 803056 (*****) Date 05-16-2015 12:44
Congratulation!

Al
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Lawrence,I got the teaching position,