Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / [DIS] Ultrasonic Testing Level 1 Training ($149 > $9)
- - By benbihi Date 05-25-2015 19:46
Get the Ultrasonic Testing level 1 training for only $9 and save 94%.
You will learn the fundamentals of ultrasonic testing and get a massive preparation to the American Society of NonDestructive Testing (ASNT) official level 1 exam.

https://www.udemy.com/ultrasonic-testing/?couponCode=OnlineCourseCoupons
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 07-18-2015 14:53
Does this also provide for level 1 in the spam method?
- - By Jarhead1 (**) Date 07-27-2015 20:40
Is this training legit? Has anyone tried this....How do you get the coupon?

Thanks
Parent - By In Tension (**) Date 07-28-2015 00:24
I didn't click on the link but I'd be wary of any course that offered preparation to the "official ASNT Level I exam."  My opinion is that your money would be better spent on a book.
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-28-2015 14:06
If you are really interested in GOOD online training for NDT then go here.  You can't beat a program by Chuck Hellier and Jim Treat and the staff they have put together.  This link will take you to the main info website.  If you sign up you will be accessing NDT College which you must be registered for and have all the passwords to access your paid for training classes. 

You won't get it for cheap.  But it has recorded hours that are recognized as continuing education as well as part of your classroom required hours in order to work through your company's program and Level III to get to your Level II certification.

http://www.ndtclassroom.com/

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Jarhead1 (**) Date 07-28-2015 16:25
To good to be true...
Along the same lines...Standing in formation in 29 palms (marine corps base) 109 degrees, one of the platoon leaders asked "Does anyone have a drivers license" bunch of Jarheads raised their hands.. They ended up wheelbarrowing dirt and concrete for a few days..
True story..
Thanks for everyone's help..
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-28-2015 16:34
Well at least it was a cool day.  Good thing they didn't do it when it was over 120°F.

Brent
Parent - By In Tension (**) Date 07-28-2015 17:05
I was one of the first people to try the UT II program with NDTclassroom.  It was still rough around the edges and had some bugs to work out but, overall, I'd recommend it.  I was already a seasoned Level II at the time so I was in a good position to judge its usefulness... I didn't find anything worth being critical about.  Not sure what the cost was but it's a good class and I'm sure it's cheaper than a 40-hour Level I crash course.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / [DIS] Ultrasonic Testing Level 1 Training ($149 > $9)