Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Old Site Updated Qty of New Posts, New one Doesn't
- - By eekpod (****) Date 06-16-2015 17:58
Is there a button or setting that I need to click to make this new version show the quantity of new posts?
The old version, once I checked the forum would reset itself and the next time I came to it(whether the same day or weeks later) would tell me how many new posts there are since the last time.
This new version doesn't seem to reset the counter, the numbers only get higher and higher.  There are posts that Ive read that still show up.
Can this be changed?
Thanks
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 06-16-2015 19:05
Following, and having the same issue.
Thanks for bringing it up.
Parent - By ctacker (****) Date 06-17-2015 05:42
Mine does not reset itself, I need to click the tab that says " mark old", after clicking the forum tab. This new forum setup SUX.
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-16-2015 22:58
You have to view them while signed in.  Then, when you sign out it will still show the old count plus new ones until you sign back in at which time it will drop the numbers to just what has been added since you were last signed in.

As far as I remember it operated the same way previously.

Brent
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 06-17-2015 01:03
Brent,
Along with all the new, renamed and deleted topics it is not the same for my system. Unless I stay signed in, it does not show "New".
Then when logged off or even if in "Sleep Mode", there are no new notices highlighted.
New site is not near as easy or cooperative.
Oh well.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-17-2015 02:02
Interesting, mine still works the same for the notices and count of new posts.  Highlighting same, but the contrast is not easily seen.  And when you move your mouse over the bold, italics, etc buttons they disappear.  I asked Roque to make them more distinct, and, he darkened them in their visible condition but when you scroll across them they just disappear.  Figured I better stop while I was ahead. 

Brent
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-19-2015 04:24
FUBAR!!! POS!!! THIS IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL IN THE WAY IT BOTH LOOKS AND FUNCTIONS FOR PEOPLE TO USE!!!

GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD BY BRINGING BACK WHAT WAS ALREADY HERE AND JUST TWEAKING IT A BIT USING THE NEWER SOFTWARE - COMBINE WITH OLD FORMAT AND TOPIC/SUB TOPICS INVOLVED: PROBLEM SOLVED!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 06-19-2015 04:48
Good to see you Henry. How you feeling these days?
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-19-2015 05:41
Good enough to post again my Friend!:grin: Still recovering from the last drain so still kind of weak but that's to be expected so I'm not worried... the Dew Point being as high as it has been over here averaging around 60+ weekly here has been a bit rough but I'm breathing stronger everyday... I hope all is well with you and anyone else in here I know who may be struggling from the crazy weather lately... I pray for you all every night before I sleep... BRENT! Get some sleep!!! Your body is telling you to stop with the headaches so make sure that "He's in control" as opposed to your own will in the "wheelhouse" so, get some rest!:eek::roll::grin::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-19-2015 22:39
Thanks Henry.  I'm working on working arrangements that will hopefully get me off this swing shift.  I can't sleep during the day so just get up and start going.  And there is always something to do around our place. 

Glad to see you.

Brent
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 06-20-2015 12:34
Nice to see you back Henry!
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 06-17-2015 11:14 Edited 06-20-2015 14:14
Its not working that way on my end.  I also have to use the  "mark old"  tab.

Griff

p.s.

Also, my page shows me to be   "logged in"   in the upper right-hand corner  but does not show me to be   "online"  under the STATISTICS tab in the lower left-hand corner.
This is not a big deal but is another issue.

Griff

And now:

Brent's reply to my  original post above is gone (at least on my end) and my reply to him is also missing.
I know I did not delete my reply and am pretty sure I could not have deleted his had I so desired.
????

Griff
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 06-17-2015 15:43
Glad I'm not the only one.
I never log out as then I'll have to remember my password to log back in.  The old version every time I left the page it reset the count.  I know this as there were a number of times I'd be going through the new posts and accidently click onto another site, and when I came back everything was gone and I didn't know what was new or old.  Ole well.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-18-2015 01:23
They stopped doing that before this change.  You don't show up on your own screen as being signed in.

Mine is working just fine as far as the numbers. 

To each one thinking their's isn't working correctly to reset the unread posts try this:  log in, open each unread thread/post or mark it as read either by marking the whole section 'read' or each individual post, then, log out,  give it a minute, log back in, go into a couple of threads, log back out.  You should now have NO unread posts.  Unless you have been absent from here so long that you have posts you never got caught up on reading.  At that point, go to each section and click the 'mark read' button to clear all sections of unread posts.  Then, when new posts come along you should see them if you sign in and even if you don't.  The counter should show you new posts in whatever section they were submitted.  When you sign in, open it and read it, they will still appear when you close out and new ones will be added to the old number until you sign in the next time.  Then, when you actually get signed in the number should only reflect those that are new since the last time you were in.

Try to follow my rambling.  But I don't have a problem with mine other than I wish it would actually zero out when I sign out.

Brent
Parent - - By 522029 (***) Date 06-18-2015 23:42
Thanks for correcting me on that point.

Griff
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-18-2015 23:57
Not trying to correct you Griff, just pointing out personal observation.  There are times when one's screen shows different than another's.  Firewalls, screen size, and other factors make them show and operate differently.  Look at company websites on different size screens.  They don't come up the same.

Brent
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Old Site Updated Qty of New Posts, New one Doesn't