Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / WPS / WQTR
- - By CWI-Kidd Date 06-29-2015 18:54
I was recently given a welder qualification record and a weld procedure specification for SMAW however the filler material listed is E71T-11. I believe this is a FCAW wire only. Questioning how the process and welder qualification can be classified as SMAW?
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-29-2015 19:05
You are correct.

Something is wrong !
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-29-2015 21:01
CWI-Kidd,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

I agree, something is wrong.

Now, I would give them opportunity to get it corrected without too much ado as someone may have cut and pasted and forgot a line, or just accidentally entered the wrong process or filler.  Many things can go wrong if you are in a hurry filling one out because the inspector is on the way. 

Hand it back and see if they know what is wrong and how to fix it...that will give you an indication on their abilities and understanding.  If they haven't a clue then they need to be sent back to their consultant for the correct documentation.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By CWI-Kidd Date 06-30-2015 15:01
Thanks for the support. There was a bit of an argument between myself and the CWI who generated the paperwork. After everyone cooled down he realized his mistake. To many times we all try to create templates to reduce the time to complete paperwork. It was found that the incorrect template was used and not reviewed prior to distribution. All is well now.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-30-2015 18:50
Don't be a stranger.  Someone here can usually answer just about anything in the welding arena.

Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / WPS / WQTR