Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Perkins 104-22 Idler and Glow Plugs
- - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 07-04-2015 23:22
Since I no longer see the SA200 section I'll ask my questions here.

My glow plugs are going out and I will be ordering some new ones hopefully this next week.  Does anyone know how involved the change out will be?

My idle function is acting up.  It is very slow to high idle upon start as well as when striking an arc or running a grinder.  Any tips on what to check to fix this problem?

Thanks

Jeremy
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 07-05-2015 00:01
Hello JeremyW83, I don't believe that you'll encounter any real difficulties with changing out your glow plugs. As to your idler, I am not  familiar with the specific idler control that you might have. Is it electronically activated or is it vacuum controlled? If electronically controlled I would look at electrical connections (check for loose connections, corroded connections, and bad grounds) and mechanical linkages (might have frozen or binding linkages) first off. If it's vacuum controlled look for vacuum leaks in the lines or for a bad diaphragm and check linkages as well. Good luck and best regards, Allan
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 07-05-2015 12:17
That's my problem as well I've seen the throttle linkage but no pc board.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 07-05-2015 16:52
Hello Jeremy, do you have any pictures of it? This might help to determine the type of system that is on the machine and get you some better answers. You have this listed as an SA200, is this a machine that someone has switched over and re-powered? I believe that these were not originally diesel powered. Regards, Allan
Parent - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 07-05-2015 20:45
No its not a sa 200 just that old section is gone now with the redesign of the page.  I'll see what I can do about getting a picture. 

I'll look into the fuel filter as well.
- - By theweldor (*) Date 07-05-2015 17:46
Could also be as simple as fuel filters if it is sluggish.
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 07-05-2015 22:41
Got a fuel filter and we'll see if that helps.
Parent - By theweldor (*) Date 07-06-2015 23:34
Perkins engines are pretty tempermental to running out of fuel when you change filters. Just be sure to prime it very well and never give a Perkins starting fluid.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Perkins 104-22 Idler and Glow Plugs