Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / D1.1 Seminars/exam
- - By dick (**) Date 07-15-2015 00:06
Has anyone been to a seminar instructed by Carl Tengesdal?
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-15-2015 01:17
Nope.  Appears to be out of ND where he is doing a seminar.  Has a fair background.  Sounds like he will do a good and interesting job.  A more down to earth instructor as opposed to several of the PhD types.  I have liked most of them as well but sometimes the guys who have spent more time working the industry, teaching it, and working at Miller as well have a better application perspective.  Guys like Al. 

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By dick (**) Date 07-16-2015 07:19 Edited 07-16-2015 07:23
I don't even see him on the seminar instructor list on the AWS website. Just wondering what code he works with. Don't find any of his work experiences to actually know. I deal with D1.1 , so would be nice to know if this was the instructor's main code. I was looking at this seminar/exam because it is in easy driving distance for me (meaning a little less cash involved).  I'm in no hurry to test so maybe hit one down south of me aways like KC, ST LOU, Denver. I have been doing inspections up to 7/12's, so I kinda know where your at with all the things going on in your life.
Take care and thanks for the info!
Dick
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-17-2015 01:50
Here Dick.  Check out what he says about himself.  There is other info out there about him also but this is his company 'About Us' page. 

http://www.advantageweldconsulting.com/about.html

Brent
Parent - By dick (**) Date 07-17-2015 02:03
Thanks a bunch Brent, looks like he's got what it would take to put on a good seminar, just what I was looking for.
Dick
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / D1.1 Seminars/exam