Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Part C retake
- - By magr078 Date 07-28-2015 21:46
I re-took part C of the CWI exam last week. Can anyone tell me how soon did you get your re-take results? When I originally tested all three parts I got an email about a week later and the official test results notification via mail in about two weeks. Should I expect an email this time or just a letter in the mail? Thanks.
Parent - - By In Tension (**) Date 07-29-2015 00:54
I haven't personally done any re-takes but re-taking Part C is similar to sitting for an endorsement (in that it's a one-part code exam), and the results for those show in about 1-2 weeks.  But, for your initial certification there may be additional time needed for verification of your paperwork and issuance of your certification. 
An acquaintance of mine did a re-take recently and got negative results within the week.  So maybe hope that no news is good news?  Good luck.
Parent - By magr078 Date 07-29-2015 20:49
Thank you for wishing me good luck, I just received my CWI certification notice via email. I guess that it does take longer for the notification to come when it contains good news, whew...
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-29-2015 15:08
magr,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

Announcements of results always vary even within one testing class.  Never EXPECT anything sooner than the 4-6 weeks that the paperwork from Miami in all of the on line and paper literature tells you. 

Yes, most of the time they have done a great job of trimming that way down to 1-2 weeks, BUT, don't count on it and don't lose heart just because you haven't heard anything yet.  Patience is a part of this job.  I find some people's impatience very amusing at times when they want to know if they passed or not.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By magr078 Date 07-29-2015 20:52
I understand that patience is a virtue, but when so many aspects of your life are at stake pending CWI certification it is hard to not overreact a little bit, it turns out I passed the exam after all...
Parent - By dick (**) Date 07-30-2015 00:15
magr, Congrats are in order then!
COOL
Dick
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-30-2015 14:19
Congrats.

Now for the real education.

Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Part C retake