Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / AWS CWI course on flash drive.
- - By Jarhead1 (**) Date 08-03-2015 15:23
Has anyone seen this..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/aws-cwi-inspector-course-/271942663936?hash=item3f510bbf00

Is this handed out at during seminar week?.?.

Thanks
Parent - By msharitt (**) Date 08-03-2015 15:45
I went through the seminar last year. They sure wasn't then. It says a bonus copy of D1.1 2010. I'm sure AWS isn't giving the PDF of that or API 1104 for a mere $75. As for the study material you can get the sample questions on the AWS website I believe but that's all I think. I suspect that copy may be illegal. Just my $.02.
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 08-03-2015 15:46
I don't think the training is produced by the AWS.  The author is not cited (shady)

Also, the link says the D1.1 and API codes are "included" in the $75 total cost.   How is that possible without a copyright violation?

A moral/ethical check in my opinion.  

Plus with zero citation of the author and zero review of the product... How does anybody know if the material is good ?
Parent - - By msharitt (**) Date 08-03-2015 15:51
If you look at the seller profile he has done this more than once. He's sold a couple hard copies of books. But he has also sold the PDF's before. Defiantly a copyright violation.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-10-2015 18:50
Other than the fact the seller may be scanning used or out dated material and putting it on a flash drive and selling multiple copies, what is the harm? Copyright protection? Who cares?

That is sarcasm if anyone missed it. I would hope someone at AWS is keeping an eye on things like this.

There's nothing wrong with selling one's used course materials, but scanning the copyrighted materials and selling multiple copies must qualify as copyright infringement.

There is an outside chance the course materials are from a source other than AWS. I guess we'll never know.

Al
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 08-10-2015 19:11
Like the old saying if it sounds to good to be true if probably not.

M.G.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / AWS CWI course on flash drive.