Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Should i go for AWS-CWI or CSWIP ?
- - By abhijith_1993 Date 08-18-2015 12:28
I just finished my degree in Mechanical Engineering(4 years) and i was thinking of taking quality control as a career choice. I am from India and i want to work in Middle Eastern countries.I wanted to know which would be a better choice AWI or CSWIP. As far as i have searched from different sources AWS is more expensive compared to CSWIP. Which is the most accepted and valued certification of these two? Considering that i am a fresher, do i have good career opportunities considering the fact that i am just gonna start in this particular field.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-18-2015 16:57
You need relevant work experience for the AWS certifications. That might be your deciding factor.

Al
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 08-18-2015 17:00
My experience is that CSWIP is more recognised by the Europeans. My opinion is for the region you are targeting that CSWIP is the better choice.
I have recently debated on taking the CSWIP 3.2 to better sell myself to the hiring personnel in the Eur-Asia market.
Often HR department's CV search programs will reject my application because my resume does not contain CSWIP in the text. I had thought about adding the words "CSWIP equivalent" to the body of text in my CV just so the buzzword search program will not instantly kick me out...
Best of luck to you in your new career path of QC.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Should i go for AWS-CWI or CSWIP ?