Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Part A cwi exam
- - By Tim6one9 Date 09-30-2015 07:57
Hey guys im taking my exam in 2 weeks and the first time I took the test I failed part A pretty bad and the part I scored the lowest was on WELDING PERFORMANCE. Is there any sources I can read to study to improve my score? I have the blue cm2000 book and it didn't help much
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 10-01-2015 02:34
Never could make sense of the itemized scores on individual topics. I remember my lowest score was on Sub-arc. I had hundreds of hours on various machines, thin walled pipe, heavy/thick castings and with stainless, 4140, and Hastelloy wires and base metals. I'd never have guessed THAT would be my Achilles Heel.
This being said, I have no earthy idea how Welding Performance could be evaluated on a written examination. I believe their scoring is based on incantations, tossed chicken bones, mystical formulae and blood red lines in a broken egg.

Review what you can on machine set ups and basic welding techniques. That's all I can come up with.
The good news is:
a) you only have to concern yourself with one section,
b) your familiar with the test layout, and...
C) YOU CAN BE HEADING HOME EARLY!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-01-2015 13:41
Study for the whole exam.  It is more than a little difficult to tell how they actually categorize questions. 

Brent
Parent - By mwmw (**) Date 10-10-2015 02:44
Plus you probably wont have the same questions on your retake
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / Part A cwi exam