Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / CTWD D1.1 - Anything in there for SAW?
- - By Bowler_Hat (**) Date 10-01-2015 17:08
I've read through, and may have missed anything in D1.1 that covers Contact Tip to Work distance. I'm specifically checking out if there are any parameters or notes for SAW.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Parent - By WeldinFool (**) Date 10-01-2015 18:12
I'm pretty sure you won't find the CTWD information in D1.1. You can find it in your electrode manufacturer's filler metal data sheets. I have several books from ESAB that have great information on suggested welding parameters for their electrodes, including CTWD.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 10-01-2015 19:04
As weldinfool stated, a lot of that sort of information is in ESAB's handbook, I have also found this sort of information in the supplemental information that accompanies any of the manufacturers descriptions of their specific electrode products. Most of the time when you google a particular electrode product it will have all the information relative to suggested manufacturers parameters, CTWD included. Good luck and best regards, Allan
Parent - By Bowler_Hat (**) Date 10-05-2015 17:43
Thanks all for the help!
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / CTWD D1.1 - Anything in there for SAW?