Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Who's monitoring this sites for trolls?
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-02-2015 04:41
WTF?
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 10-02-2015 06:03
Easy answer-no one!
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-03-2015 01:29
I must agree with Glyn.

I have not had acceptable responses to notices about these spam posts lately.

They have not even tried to make any of the suggested modifications we made to get a couple of our sections back.

Miami obviously doesn't care about this site in the least and yet they gave us a piece of beginner web design junk before abandoning us.

Brent
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 10-03-2015 03:12
The patients are running the asylum?
Parent - By kcd616 (***) Date 10-03-2015 06:02
the best site for knowledge and info
has just gone downhill
so awful to watch this:sad::eek::cry:
just my thoughts
sincerely,
Kent
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-03-2015 12:03
Thanks for an attitude adjustment Kent.

It is still the best site for knowledge, experience, and general welding information.  We must build upon that regardless of what the admins do or do not do.

We must keep our heads on straight and offer the best advice with good attitudes towards those desiring to expand their knowledge and abilities. 

Hopefully someone at Miami will take this site under their wing and put in the time, money, and technology to make it the best it can be.

And remember, it isn't about us.  It is about helping others and passing on knowledge.

Brent
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 10-04-2015 02:38
Too true!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-18-2015 16:35 Edited 10-19-2015 13:29
I think you said the evil word Brent, "money". Easier to abandon it and say, "it's good enough" and then head off to the local 5 star eatery in your $100k Aston Martin or equivalent and let the lowly serfs fend for themselves on the website.

With AWS boasting that it is the "premier", "leader", I would suspect that the forum should be more professional and of course guarded against the spammers that pollute the site at times.

Agreed Brent, "It is still the best site for knowledge, experience, and general welding information." Lots of knowledge here and we as the members need to police our own but we can only go so far when it comes to removing content of the lowlife individuals.

Give me a weekly stimulus and I can be a hall monitor of sorts. Can't do it for free though, knowing the costs of books, accredited lab fees, accredited tests and so on volunteering is out of the question.
Parent - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 10-19-2015 02:16
Al this is the answer your question from the top of the page. NO DAM BODY!!!!

M.G.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Who's monitoring this sites for trolls?