Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / CWI apprentice?
- - By Bowler_Hat (**) Date 10-20-2015 15:53
Hey All,

Is there a site, or way to locate other experienced CWI's so that a new one such as I myself, can learn a bit more before jumping on things. At current, I'm glad with the support I've found on here, though I fear my persistent questioning will be a bit bothersome.

Cheers!
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 10-20-2015 16:25
Hello Bowler_Hat, keep this in mind.... for anyone who has knowledge, sharing that knowledge just helps to keep it fresh in the minds of those who share it. Everyone wins! Don't sweat your questions here, most of the folks are glad to be reminded of the various topics and questions that are asked and to comment on them. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Bowler_Hat (**) Date 10-20-2015 18:13
Thanks!
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-20-2015 18:50
I concur with Allan.

There have been occasions when we have gotten frustrated because 3 threads in a row were on the exact same question.  But, overall we enjoy being challenged and keeping our heads in the books to keep fresh on all parts of the codes instead of just what we are personally using at the moment.

I would advise to glance through the subject titles for posts before posting your own and even using the 'search' function in the bar at the top of the website page.  But, don't sweat it if you don't find anything and want to make sure the question is worded to fit your exact application.

Brent
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 10-21-2015 02:40
Bowler_Hat,
You've found it.
Parent - By WeldinFool (**) Date 10-21-2015 17:31
I have had some great experiences with my local AWS chapter. By participating in the monthly "get-togethers" I have come in contact with local welding professionals, including CWIs, and have learned much by seeing how others interpret and implement the various codes and requirements.
Parent - By Len Andersen (***) Date 11-24-2015 17:04
Local AWS meeting worked for me getting work and picking up the qualification. Ultimately welding inspection is like swimming. You jump in the water all figure it out or sink!
Sincerely
Len Andersen   Engineer  ASME IGTI /
len@lenandersen.com
len.turbine@gmail.com
914-536-7101 / 914-237-7689 (H) / 800-428-4801 USA
POB 1529 / NYC 10116-1529 ( $~1400 per year Caller
Box GPO NYC / Most Secure Service At Largest Post Office USA )
www.lenandersen.com
PS - http://lenandersen.com/personal_info/resume.html
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / CWI apprentice?