Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / welding code
- - By victor-d Date 10-25-2015 00:30
hi people i am new in welding, is some body can tell me what is d1.3 code means and where its used in usa
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 10-25-2015 15:18
Good morning victor,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

D1.3 is an AWS established code that is titled 'Structural Welding Code-sheet steel.  Is is used on materials of thin gauge up to 3/16".

It is used on projects from decking attached to joists and girders, metal studs, and many other such items. 

On larger building projects you may have D1.1 on the main structural steel, to D1.4 for rebar, and D1.3 for the light gauge steels on floors and roofing.

Hope this answers your question.

He Is In Control, Have a Great Day,  Brent
- By irfan Date 12-20-2015 11:07
hello everyone,
I am read AWS D1.1 first time.
anyone can told the reference for the plate thickness range for the qualification of WPS for SMAW butt joint.
- By irfan Date 12-20-2015 11:13
hello everyone,
I am read AWS D1.1 first time.
anyone can told the reference for the plate thickness range for the qualification of WPS for SMAW butt joint.
and please guide me for qualification of a WPS for only tack welds with SMAW process
- By GSoto Date 11-03-2017 14:13
No the code AWS D14.1 what is the minimal reject code and where is on the book . Also dose it fall back on the AWS D1.1, for UT,PT,& MT?
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / welding code