Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fabtech
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-03-2015 13:23 Edited 11-03-2015 13:27
I'm in !

I'll be there all week

Setting up some seminars and networking right now... Did not get approval to go until last minute.

Anybody else gonna be there?

Coffee?   Break bread?   Beers?   Tell sea stories?

Oh... Al owes me a lobster..  So there is always that

Lobster verification link
https://app.aws.org/forum/topic_show.pl?pid=261817;hl=lobster

Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-03-2015 16:08
Oh, wish I could.

And my wife just left for IN to pick up a dog she bought while we were there coming home from our trip back east.  But, I have to get some work done to pay the bills.  This has been a busy 'vacation' year which makes it an expensive year and then add in this house remodel that is almost done.  We have actually started to move furniture into the house.

Brent
Parent - - By TimGary (****) Date 11-03-2015 18:28
I'll be there.
Wondering if Al will buy you a lobster, or just a crawfish and call it a lobster...
Better check A3.0 for definitions!  :twisted:

Tim
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-05-2015 01:27
Once again, I'm missing out on FabTech. I agreed to teach a course in San Diego before I knew the date of FabTech. Sorry Lawrence. Maybe next year!

Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-05-2015 03:04
A CWI course Al? 

San Diego has a great section.  Always busy. 

Great area to be in though I know you won't have much time for taking in the sights.

Brent
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-05-2015 11:50
No, not the CWI. It is the ASME course I have been teaching for about 15 years.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 11-06-2015 03:38
Definition for you Larry now that you're down South.
Crawfish= South Louisiana lawn lobster.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-06-2015 12:23
I've always like the crawdads :)

They do them very well here in Houston
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 11-06-2015 16:50
Lawrence,
I will be attending Fabtech! 

Flying in commercial late Monday night so will text you when I get on the floor Tuesday.  Hopefully we can meet even briefly as I would like to introduce you to the CEO and management team of Western Pneumatics Inc..  Unfortunately it will be a quick trip in that we are flying back out private on Thursday for inspections at our other facility in Ruston, LA.

Wish Al Moore could attend so I could also personally thank him for the invaluable information he has shared through the years.

The AWS forum with it's wealth of information from worldwide members of unique diversity and specialty makes this exchange the best!

Robert
- - By qcrobert (***) Date 11-12-2015 02:56
What a whirlwind experience that has rejuvenated my desire and ambition to improve my company's productivity and safety & health of our employees!

Disheartened that I wasn't able to meet Tim, Lawrence and other forum members this time at Fabtech.

For those who have never been to a Fabtech convention let me say that it is a worthwhile  experience.

Next year it will be held in Las Vegas so start planning now!

Regards
Robert
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-12-2015 03:17
Chicago is the supreme FabTech.  Having been to both it and Las Vegas if I could only go to one it would be Chicago.  But, Vegas is good and it is close for those of us on the western side of the Great River. 

My boys and I are already scheduling for Vegas next year.  Hope to see you there, all of you, not directed at any one person.

Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Fabtech